Does status affect someone's attractiveness to you?

So me and my brother were walking home one day after buying food, when a bus driver drove by, just doing his job. He was a handsome man, and I pointed this out to my brother. He looked at me with shock and was like "really? But he's a bus driver!".
To him if your status isn't very good, you automatically aren't attractive.
I think people are attractive physically regardless of status.
Are you like me or my brother?

• I personally agree with your brother
    18%(5)16%(11)Vote14%(6)
  • I personally agree with you
    82%(23)84%(59)Vote86%(36)
HA! TAKE THAT AARON! THE INTERNET AGREES WITH ME!! 👑

Most Helpful Guy

• You are right and your brother was partially right too though. I mean even for men we find status attractive whether we like to or not. Status doesn't have to be a famous singer or actor or whatever, status could be something just as simple as captain of the football team in high school or that girl that you liked who was a cheerleader.

Most Helpful Girl

• nah man. I can't bash a man for a job that he has. Hell at least he working

What Guys Said 21

• You mean financial status? like the person being from a rich or poor family? right?

Well, my answer is " NO" it doesn't affect their attractiveness in my eyes, for example if a woman is attractive to me then she will be attractive despite her status, however if she is rich and attractive that would appeal to me even more.

I hope my answer was clear? if not please ask me.

• Most men do not care about women's status.

Most men perceive that women care about status.

What counts as status tends to shift from 'being cool' under early 20's to 'being successful' from mid 20s onward, though there can be outliers either way.

• Hypothetically if I met a clone of Jessica Alba who looks exactly like her, acts like her, talks like her, smiles like her, etc. only lacking the celebrity status, and I was exposed to her as much as the original version, I'm pretty sure I'd be just as attracted to her. Fame isn't something that personally attracts me that much.

That said, sometimes the qualities that can allow people to accumulate popularity, not the popularity itself, attracts me. I like girls who are sociable and talented.

Hypothetically though, if I could meet a girl who has the qualities of a star only minus the stardom, I'm pretty sure she would be just as attractive to me regardless.

• Note status can be achieved by cheating and just taking advantage and hold little actual honor. As its actually quite common to find some people with bachelors or even doctorates who have cheated their way to the top. So auto assuming by someones visual status that they are attractive can lead you down the wrong road. And you can end up with some messed up psychologically people. Whos sole purpose is to cheat their way to the top.

• for the record, bus drivers get good pay and amazing retirement and health benefits, so tell your brother to shut up.

• For me status doesn't matter but I think for the majority of girls, status matter A LOT when there looking for men. I'm glad you're not like that

• me personally? im sure it might to a certain extent.

on a general scale? of course it does.

do a lot of girls find tom cruise attractive? without even really knowing him? yep

• I think the charm status or poison status is the most effective.

• lol, your brother has a point. Everyone, whether they like to admit or not will have a mild spike in interest and attraction when they perceive them as higher status. Its just human.

doesn't mean you can't have a hot ass mc donalds worker though.

• I have to agree with you. Who cares what the other guy is. Whoever voted that you agree with her brother should be ashamed of yourself and the rest of you who follow him.

• Well ummm it isn't like that but well immm ymmmm unbbbm not always like that but it no it isn't

• Attraction or desire is not based on status. However in choosing a partner it is.

A ugly rich guy never has a shortage of girls wanting him. Women have 'provisioning' in the back of their mind when they choose - as in, 'Can he provide the lifestyle I desire?'

• I honestly think status matters more to girls than to guys, since guys tend to be pretty much all about appearance.

• Status doesn't matter to me. If you're a good person—that's what matters most to me. Money can't make up for the ugly inside some people.

• if you are talking about just physical attractiveness then i don't think status matters

• Guy gets kids to school safely avg at 18 or more an hr so what's his problem really. He seems like an immature child.

• I lost three drivers to driving school busses this year I can't pay 24 an hr like bus drivers deserve

• My brother just turned 16 😅
      I didn't think his age would matter too much or I would have put it

• Oh k he's just in mature then a lot worse things than a bus driver

• yes it does a lot. thats why i hate being a fucking dyslexic

• as long as she can support herself normally, i don't care if a girl is rich or poor

• Being a bus driver is a great job.
    You don't have to deal with co-workers all day like at most jobs, so you are less likely to dread going to work due to the people you work with.
    And less stress at work usually leads to a more happy home life because they aren't too mentally exhausted to spend time with their family at the end of the day.

• "HA! TAKE THAT AARON! THE INTERNET AGREES WITH ME!!"

Just don't rely much on people actually acting the same way they speak.

• Aww c'mon, let me have this one 😂 I can't bully him anymore now that he's stronger than me

• certain jobs, are certainly more attractive

What Girls Said 8

• To a degree yes, and to a degree no. It depends on what is important to you and what is important to that other person. To simply say it shouldn't have to matter defeats the purpose when it's important for that person unless it's really unrealistic. A perfect example is I don't like men who sleep around, regardless if he's attractive or not. He's sexual status and identity is important to me if that same person shows interest in me. Whether for good reasons or bad reasons. It's the same stigma with city workers vs blue/white collar workers.

• I don't think someone's work makes them unattractive, not like you're asking for marriage just making an observation!

• doesn't really matter to me, if you can help support our future together ( both paying bills and things close to equally) then it's what ever.

• I dont care about status If someone is a head turner ima be like "dammmmmnnnnnnnn" regardless if he's a poor dude or rich guy. My pussy dont discriminate haha

• Depends on the guy. It'd be nice for him to have a better job but if he's a great, sweet and handsome guy, then it wouldn't bother me.

• I've been taught to respect status more than looks. Don't blame me, blame my parents for making me a self conceited brat. But they do have a bit of a point, though... I think...

• I think a hot person is a hot person, whether they're high status or low status.

• The other day I saw this bun in the streets I was with a friend and I stared at him and he did and his eyes sparkled I swear I kept staring at him I felt something and whatever it was it felt good to me