Can you learn to love someone's voice?

Let's say you meet a guy or girl whose personality you love, you think they are cute, and they treat you well. The only problem is that you aren't really a fan of their speaking voice. Maybe her voice is low, or you don't like the way she pronounces words. Maybe his voice is higher than average and has a hint of that stereotypical "gay" voice even though he's straight. Is this something that should be looked past if the other factors are there? Should not loving someone's voice be a deal breaker? Is it possible to learn to love their voice?

73

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on your principles and the way you perform and set your values.

A voice shouldn't be matter at all. Love is beyond just a voice. If you really love someone, you will love their everything including their voice whatsoever very automatically. That's true unconditional love.

If you have mixed feelings and you are not sure about how you really feel about the person and you are still on the journey to identify the identity of your feelings. In my opinion you can develop feelings for such elements as voice. It doesn't sound a negative force to me. As you spend more time around him you will get used to his voice and when you start to feel more bond with him. You will start to develop feelings for his voice and it becomes more acceptable to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, its not a deal breaker xD You get used to people's voices and if you have feelings for them, then you're bond to fall in love with their voice.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, I'd say you should look past that, it's a teeny tiny flaw that doesn't mean much. It might irritate you if you're mad or something but it's not worth giving up the person just because of their voice.

• Eventually you get use to it so it's not a deal breaker

What Girls Said 6

• I'm not sure... i lovelovelove some voices, makes a guy so much more attractive to me. I don't know if i could get used to a voice i wasn't attracted to.

• I have a slight lisp when I talk, especially noticeable if I say "Cats". I could learn to love a voice.

• I loved that guy in childhood... He had higher voice than mine and his voice sounded like a voice of a girl but I still loved him and loved his voice :D His voice got deeper after years but It's still higher than the voice of most guys. Not high, but somehow, very gentle and soft...

• Sure! :)

Unless it was like truly atrocious :/

But 9/10, sure! :)

• yeaa

• Good question, voices are really important, if I hated the voice, just couldnt be around them.