18 year old dating a 26 year old?

Just curious if that's weird or not. We aren't together but I work with a guy that's 26 and I'm 18 (not in high school, graduated). I just think he's really nice and attractive so if anything did happen would it be weird?

1113

Most Helpful Guy

• Not weird, but it probably won't work out in the long run.. You're probably going to get to a point (around 21) where you want to explore and have fun and being in a long term relationship closes that off.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is a big age difference. You should be prepared that you are in very different phases of life. You are thinking about your education and possibilities and fun. He is thinking about his career and possibly settling down within the next few years. Sexually he is probably more experienced than you and might want a partner who is on the same page as him. Think about this before doing anything.

What Guys Said 12

• Not weird! Love knows no bounds.. you both need to be on the same platform thats it.. but don't just settle for sex.. try some real relationship.. that is better

• Not weird at all

• 8 years difference is not much. He is mature and you are young. It's a good combination of your beauty and his brains. And if he is financially stable , it is a bonus for you because at this age men are usually financially sound.

• Naw. If you let him he'll do you for sure. What do you think he wants?

• No thats nothing to sweat about
    I dated a girl 8 years older than me but she seemed immature for her age.
    So its not the age of the person but their maturity level

• Not really but it's borderline weird.

• He's more mature and thus you'll find yourself in a better position :)

• Not weird !!

• That's weird

• It's fine if u really like. The guy
    Age doesn't matters

Does he hot?

• My wife is 16 so it's no big deal

• Nah, I think it's fine.
    I would totally have a long term relationship with an 18 year old, as long as I got to know her first and see if she is mature enough mentally to not change her mind on a whim like some young people tend to do.

What Girls Said 10

• Yup. It is weird. It is not weird that you are attracted to him, but it would be weird if you guys dated. More than likely, you have nothing in common (unless you have been out of the house for a while or he has never moved out of his parents place).

• Well it's legal so why care about the normality of it? Ur no longer a minor so it's completely fine

• nothing's awkward lolz
    just be confident 😄

• Age is nothing but a number.

• Not weird. I was 19 and with a 26 year old for 5 months.

• Not weird. When you love someone age is so unimportant. I met my boyfriend at work also. I'm 19 and he's 28, I love him so much the age doesn't bother me or him at all.

• no age doesn't matter as long as he is serious about you and isn't using you.

• I started dating my boyfriend when I was 19 and he was 26. I don't think it wrong, as long as he respects you and care for you that's all that matters x

• sounds cool

• sounds good