How to become more than friends?

First, some background copied from a previous question:

We're both freshmen in college, but he took a gap year so he's a little older. We live on the same dorm floor so we've hung out a lot with our group of friends since the beginning of the school year. He's always teased me a lot in a sort of mean (but still not serious) way, and has recently started to "steal" my stuff like pens, etc. while I'm working so I have to chase him to get it back, as well as other play fighting. A week or so ago he took his joking too far, but he then felt really bad and apologized and has been acting a lot nicer since, and has even complimented me a few times.

Since my last post, I've noticed that he's been sitting next to me more when we're hanging. He also seems to find excuses to touch me like leaning up against me or trying to push me into the snow when we had a snow day the other day. At this point, I'm pretty sure he likes me because he treats me differently from the other girls in our friend group. But we're also just a really tight-knit group in general, so I'm not sure how a shift from just friends to a relationship would work, and I feel like we're moving extraordinarily slowly. Any ideas to help me initiate a transition to being more than just friends?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Idea invite him over to just hang. However beware of this option as should the others catch on they will probably start teasing you both. To just become a couple xD. RIP.

2. Just make plans together outside of the dorms like make a mini mutual ritual like coffee in the mornings or go to breakfast together some place.

3. Help one another with studying? This one is kinda a dangerous idea as its a bad idea if you guys have a bad habit of just being too playful xD.

• We live on the same dorm floor so we already study together in the study lounge, but with all of our friends. I'm nervous about suggesting plans together because I've never been in a real relationship, let alone initiated one.

• Well nothing happens if you dont try.

Most Helpful Girl

• Flirt it up! Touch him *innocently* and just try to give him signals that you like him as more than friends. He sounds kinda shy and unconfident, so you're going to have to be obvious. I wish guys like him would be more forward and go for it, but that's how a lot of guys are now, unfortunately. Good luck.

What Guys Said 4

• yeah maybe a move from your side like the way he's doing steal pens for you to chase around (reality: trying to spend more time with you)... do something just so that he's sure you will reciprocate !! like lean your head on his shoulder and stuff !

• it has to be a 50/50 thing. If you think she's cute but she thinks your totally repulsive and ugly. Then you got problems

• there must be a desire to be more than friends

• I dont know. I suck at these things. Make a move on him id say.

What Girls Said 3

• Start going out on a date. That is a better occasion to sense and express feelings. Depending on his reaction, you will know if he just wants to stay friends or go further

• Like I said before talk to him ab being more than friends text him or whatever, when you're around him touch him more be flirty

• He might not be interested

• What makes you think that? I definitely don't want to make a move if that's the case, but I'd love an explanation as to why