Is it bad that I block guys on dating sites that call me curvy or thick or refer to my "curves" in any way?

I'm not fat & I don't want a guy that sees me that way so if a man uses any of these terms that's an insta block. I know he's not someone I want to waste time on. I'll correct him usually then block him. Right or wrong?

816

Most Helpful Guy

• No man should judge a girl on what her weight is or physical appearance
    I know i been made fun of called fat names and It's not nice at all but over
    the years i managed to get tough skin.

• Exactly & these are men so that I want to weed out right away

• Yeah, I'd understand if it was a very small child. That's just how kids are but the parents should've apologized and corrected him. But hey, who doesn't love Santa lol? :)

• Yes i agree LOL

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't like how they refer to your figure all the time, I say you're in the right. You may not block or stay away from guys who do that for the same reason as I do (I don't like guys who can only talk about my body), but if you don't like it, you don't like it.

What Guys Said 15

• You can do what you want, but you have to realize that they are trying to say that your being fat isn't a problem for them.

You are going to get blocked by men for which your being overweight is a problem.

(Often times, the fat girl is the only one who doesn't know she's fat)

• Never said that I'm fat or overweight -I'm not, thank you. I get hit on plenty so I'm not desperate or too worried about it :)

• You must be worried about it, or you wouldn't have asked complete strangers about it.

• I just wondered if people thought it was odd or bitchy. I'm not worried about weeding out the trash. Was curious how it came off was all

• What about those who actually use the term 'fat' (eg, "wow, you've got such a lovely fat ass!") How would you react to a comment like that?

• I'm not fat. So, they'd get cussed out then blocked

• I'm neurotic? Cause I don't take shit & tolerate insults? Ok then. I hate to imagine the kind of sluts that would respond positively to a statement like that lol

• No. Because you're so easily baited, and see such minor, trivial remarks as grievous insults. You don't have to react positively; just try to temper your response not to react by lashing out. Trust me, I've been there. You'll be less stressed and live longer that way.

• It's neither bad nor good, it's just personal preference. Some of these guys might be meaning it as a compliment, but it's up to you how you take it. You don't have to speak to anyone that you don't want to.

• Thick and curvy does NOT mean fat. Only idiots use those words when referring to fat.

• Honestly it makes you sound like kind of an asshole. You don't like chubby chasers? It's a compliment. Considering you find yourself not fat and a man compliments you and you immediately block communication with him all together you have to be taking it the wrong way. Curvy does not mean fat. This is a lack of knowledgeability of men and their sexual preferences on a higher level, not morals, but don't break contact instantly from an unintended offense. If they actually call you fat go ahead though that's rude.

• I don't blame you a bit, you curvalicious little thing.

• They probably saw your body like other guys do, but they probably meant curvy as a compliment.

• Did it occur to you that those men might find your body type to be sexually desirable?
    You may have blocked a small army of men who want to have their way with you.

• If they're contacting me then they probably are sexually attracted to me. But I'm not fat & I don't want a man that would call me fat or think of me in that way. I don't have trouble attracting men so I'm not worried about it :)

• My understanding of the meaning of the word 'thick' (as used by your generation) is not fat. Rather, it means a woman who has more meat on her bones than a typical model.
      For example, a YouTube blogger, gamer and 'glamour' model named Tara Babcock could be called thick (you can find her naked, if you Google for her nude shots), but she could not be called fat.
      Some men like beefier girls, others like girls who are as slender as a shop window dummy, others like an athletic physique and so on.
      Really and truly, I do not think that you should take it as an insult when a man who contacts you on a dating site uses the word 'thick'.
      Unless they wanted to play hide the bratwurst with you, they would not make the effort and risk rejection by contacting you.
      As I see it, you are rejecting men who want you for the way that you look right now.

• Ok, well I don't look fat "right now". And as I said I don't have trouble attracting men. "Beefier"? Yeah, you should probably not call females that!! Lol. Thanks for your input though :)

• your life, your rules. nobody gets to tell you right or wrong on this kind of stuff. that said, the guy doesn't yet know you. his actions are based on what hee has learned from other ladies (and likely a few bitch and wenches, too) personally, I have found a compliment on a woman's appearance, tastefully done, is a decent icebreaker for me. you might accidentally give the impress I on that you are a touchy bitch, an impression you likely don't want to give, even of its true

• True but these are guys I'm weeding out, so I don't really care what kind of impression I give them. Compliments are nice -pretty, beautiful, sexy, etc.. But to comment on my perceived body type initially - ugh!!

• You're insane. I think most women are insane. I imagine the kind of girlfriend you'd be.

• do what you like, but when i say curvy its because i acknowledge the person body figure as an hourglass

• do what you want. but you shouldn't be offended. guys love curves. so if they mention it, its cause they like it. if you dig the dude and he mentions curves, its definitely not a reason to be upset

• I dont see how this has any purpose whatsoever. What do you hope to accomplish?

• Wrong, since "curvy" is likely a compliment. Most guys dislike the stick figure women.

• That may be true... BUT many guys know it for what it is.. not fat.

• as a sort of "general rule", guys of all ages prefer women that do not look like adolescent boys. Thinner is most define tell not always better.

• Well gimme that dating site

What Girls Said 7

• But you're also not skinny I'm assuming so would you want a guy to tell you that you're super tiny if that's also not the right way to describe you? Curvy and thick aren't the same as fat either , cmon you know this by now. They aren't calling you fat when saying you're curvy

• Not everyone wants to be skinny. I don't. I don't consider myself curvy either & I don't want a bunch of chubby chasers commenting on my body in my inbox

• I'm not assuming you want to be skinny but you're also offended that a guy said you're curvy. I dont think any chubby chasers will be after you if you're just simply a thick girl. Chubby chasers go after chubby women. that's all

• Thick/curvy doesn't always refer to fat. If you're that body type, then you're that body type. You can't be thick and expect people to call you thin. You're basically blocking guys who don't even know they're doing something wrong. They're complimenting you based on what you are.
    Its your choice of course, you're not obligated to talk to anyone but I personally find it a little irrational.

• I said I'm not fat. My doctor says I'm not fat. These men are stupid

• Your choice but that's like me, 5'7" and 110lbs, blocking and refusing to talk to anyone who calls me skinny.

• They probably shouldn't be commenting on your body initially anyway :)

• If you have irrational criteria for men - you are bound to be used only for sex since you aren't decent enough to have a good relationship based on mutual decency and respect.

• I'm not used for anything cause I don't allow myself to be. It's not irrational to want a man that doesn't see me in that light

• Curvy doesn't even means fat. You are overreacting.

• curvy is beautiful, but is thick the same thing?

• It's stupid

• Curvy does not mean fat! It means you have a nice figure