What causes somebody to become obsessed with somebody else? I mean in an unhealthy romantic capacity?

Most Helpful Guy

• Mental illness, loneliness. I know a girl who has like several mental illnesses even in relationships with other people all she talked about was her ex, she cheated on every guy she dated with him and always would run back to him.
    For being lonely, when someone doesn't have attention from the opposite gender as a whole, constant action from one or a few will be seen as romantic action. This is common in men I noticed

Most Helpful Girl

• It's kinda like an addiction. First it starts off as a present presence in your life. Then you start to think that your happiness is dependent on that other person. Which can slowly/quickly turn into not being able to function or live with out that person.
    I would imagine that people who develop these feeling have a mental disorder of some degree

What Guys Said 5

• A lack of hobbies/people in their life which leads to spending all their time fixating on this individual to fill the void.

• I felt that way in College about a chick before. I think in My part was lust and looking for love to fill the emptiness I was feeling at that time.

Now I look back and see how stupid and silly I was. Lol

• i think it depends on the person. one reason could be loneliness

• I think some people feel understood or accepted by very few so they cling to the very few that do and scare them away when it turns to obsession, and that's the loneliness you're talking about:(

• I think the conection or bond between them.
    Some people are obsessed about things (smartphone/iphone/car/etc)
    Some people are obsessed about people.
    Those are the thing in certain things I wish you tell me which of these is more bad?

• Obsessions are never good but once a person is stalking someone and making them uncomfortable then I think that's worse. They are scaring with their problem.

• Maybe but some they like that :)) and some like to work alone so.. people are different there a match for everyone

• getting rejected and wanting what they can't have

What Girls Said 2