If a guy accepts your offer of paying for your own movie ticket, does that mean he doesn't truly care about you?

Or does the guy typically start paying for dates after you both become an official couple?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is why women are complicated. They say one thing that has a completely different meaning.

If you say something to a guy, make sure you actually mean it. No strings, no traps, no double meaning, no doubt, no second guessing and absolutely no second thought. Just straight talk.

If you ask to pay for the ticket then make sure you meant what you said and make sure you actually want to do it. Not polite speak and feel offended he took the offer. Not feeling the equality moment and doubt him a second after.

Most Helpful Girl

• he's probably just glad that you're not an entitled brat.

and, in my case, yes: paying for the other person's things only starts once we are exclusive.

What Guys Said 14

• Stop being a gold digger, goddammit. This is pathetic.
    When you think paying is the only way to show he cares, you deserve to be alone.

• Oh my god will women ever stop making issues out of nothing? It's 10 dollars just shut up, stop over thinking everything, and watch the damn movie.

• It's just a question, relax.

• Grow up.

• I don't intrinsically have a problem with women, I have a problem with women who expect men to treat them like they're their father. You aren't 10 anymore, the fact that you expect men to pay for you just shows that you're an entitled princess.

• This again... no, it doesn't mean that. You offered, he simply respected it and let you pay.

• This day and age, and we're still getting these.

I personally would NOT invest (money-wise) in anyone not sure to become my partner. If I ask someone out, I will offer to pay her expenses for it - after all, I was the one who invited her, and if she declines and told me she's going to pay for her own bill, I will let her. I'm asking a woman out, not a girl. :) She can have her own decisions.

• wow if I accept a girl paying for me then I don't care for her. are you seriously from earth?

• You just proved my point. If he lets me pay for my own meal, chances are that he doesn't care, right?

• what's wrong in people paying for Their own stuff? ? why do you have to relate it to how much a person is caring for you?

• if you are taking turns then please don't Jump to conclusions

• No..

• So, if I'm dating a doctor who makes twice what I do, I should always pay for everything?

• Wouldn't make sense for the poorer person to pay for everything.

• No, it just means he thinks you want to help cover the costs because theaters are expensive.

• You are young, you will learn.

• To answer your question, no. I like girls who offer to pay and I dislike girls who expect me to pay.

• Questions like this is why I never take any of you seriously..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg1t_nGaDLs

• Oh my god, women are so damn retarded. Just pay for your own shit! He's not your daddy that he has to pay for everything.

• Omg. Did you read the question at all? The question asks if him allowing me to pay for my own bill means anything. I'm not saying that it does. I am wondering IF it does Smh.

• Tell him that you can pay for your own shit. Letting him pay for everything just tells you that you're a child incapable of paying for your own.

• I dont understand how you equate paying for what you buy with care? Your date is your dad, not your dad or rich uncle.

• That's why I'm asking. I never said it did. I was wondering if it did.

• Thats true. I misunderstood. Sorry.

• Hw can care for you in other ways you know.

• I would want the girl to pay my way as well.
    You aren't doing him a favor by paying for yourself.

• What do you mean? Would you start paying for dates once you become exclusive?

• I would take turns paying.
      To me, by the third date it is automatically exclusive.
      I don't do hook ups or anything like that ever.

What Girls Said 15

• It doesn't matter. A some guys would pay for someone or buy something small for someone and wouldn't necessarily care about them. One job I worked at, a guy who was also working there brought himself a drink and asked if I wanted one. I hoped it meant something but it didn't. A guy isn't obligated to buy things for you especially just because you 2 are dating.

• Or he's progressive and thinks women have jobs and pay for their own way. As we should.

• I always pay for my share when I can

• I usually pay for mine and he pays for him 😂 I wanted it to be that way so I won't feel indebted 😊

• How long have you been dating?

• It shouldn't matter.

• Not at all. He's not obligated to pay for you, like ever

• No. I always pay for myself. To me it's courteous, especially if I don't know how it's going to go. Sometimes the guy will tell me put away my cars, sometimes I pay for both of us, sometimes he does. Gotta keep it fair.

• nothing wrong with that...
    as for me,
    im all about the bill of equality.. lol

• that means he respects your choice

• Typically he needs to pay 100% of the time until we have been dating awhile. After 6 months to a year I think it's okay for the woman (if she has a job) to cover herself sometimes.

• I thinks each of them in a new couples should pay half of the prize. When they gets more known with each other, they can pay for the other partner too. Sometimes one of them pays, other times the other one pays when it comes to the whole prize. It's silly that the guy always have to pay the date. Women should also pay sometimes and it's important being fair in my opinion.

• This is so unfair tbh. Men don't NEED to pay anything it's so sexist

• If you offer to pay he's going to take it there is no hidden meaning

• he might think you're a feminist and doesn't want to risk getting beaten down

• No hahahahaha.

• So I agree with the responses from most of the guys. Ladies, we can't be shouting from the mountain top that we are independent and strong and we don't need a man to take care of us. Then on the other hand, when a guy treats us equally, we are questioning if he cares or not. So Asker this is the new world that women have created so get used to paying for your own and don't question if the guy cares or not. They are doing what we aksed, which is treat us "equally ".