I'm shy. Should I ask him out via a note?

Okay, so I have a huge crush on this guy that works at the liquor store near my parents house. We are friendly enough and make casual small talk every time I come in, but there is still the customer/employee dynamic. I'm not sure if asking him out while he's working would be inappropriate or not? I am also extremely shy, so I feel like the only way I would feel comfortable enough to do it would be to leave a note. I know some people may think of that as childish/immature/whatever, but I am also an artist so I thought leaving him a small drawing with a note on the back would be a unique and interesting (maybe even cute?) way to do it.

The main reason I am having so much trouble working up the courage to do this is because my last relationship ended horribly and since then I have been extremely picky and wary about feeling vulnerable. This is the first guy I have had any real feelings for in over a year. I just feel like we click and I honestly think I would regret it if I didn't ask him out.

So my question is, should I leave him a note? If yes, what should it say?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just ask him. Leaving a note for him to read is cute & mysterious but if he doesn't know your name, he won't know who it came from. But if you bought something from the store & give him a note with your name, number and small message on it; that would be better. Write something small but not too long; just be like "hey, im *****. I know this is weird but I've been coming to your store for awhile now & i think you're really cute. I was hoping maybe we could go out sometime & get to know each other more if you'd like. Here's my number ***-***-****. Hmu sometime 😉" or something like that. Be creative & straight to the point. I bet he'd like that

What Guys Said 1

• it's usually better not to ask during work mostly because it'll look bad for him and he'll most likely have to decline while a note isn't too bad it's better to ask in person try to see if u can catch him outside of work but if you can't you can leave a note leaving ur number so he has a way to contact you

• Thanks for your reply. I figured as much. Since he works at a liquor store, he doesn't get off until at least midnight and I've never seen him outside of his place of work, so unfortunately it's the only possible time

What Girls Said 1

• Don't do it via a note. Most notes get ignored and sometimes when people receive them, they assume that other people are making fun of them. You need to ask him to hang out directly.