Girls, did I get friend-zoned or not?

I know a girl from my university class, Since I met her she's been giving me strong green lights of interest. I got her number and then we lost touch over the winter. I would text her but she would reply after several weeks.

I bumped into her 2nd day back, she hugged me, seemed pleased to see me, played with her hair etc

I texted her a time to catch-up and she responded immediately. I thought it would be the 2 of us but on the day it was us plus 4 of her friends.

when I met her we didn't chat much and she seemed more interested in talking to her friends.

what do you make of this?

after getting her number months back I didn't contact her, so losing touch was my fault
I recently asked her on a movie date she accepted but said she's out of a relationship and wants it to be platonic?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• it's not directly friendzoning, it might be that she saw you as a friend since day one... It's hard to tell if you don't make a direct move towards her to see what her response would be.
    Ask her out on a date, see what she says, you got nothing to loose there :)

What Girls Said 19

• I don't think she's interested, if you like a guy you text back within 24 hours even if you're trying not to look eager. a couple weeks means she only texted you back because she was bored. and she brought friends as a buffer without warning you. I would just leave her alone, she's more likely to come round if you stop pursuing her and let her make the next move. if not, move on. being just friends won't make her want to date you.

• I agree and understand what you're saying but I think im in this situation because when we met I didn't make a move despite her giving me very strong signals. and I ghosted her over the holidays.

do you think I should call it quits or maybe keep trying?

• I recently asked her on a movie date she accepted but said she's out of a relationship and wants it to be platonic?

• aka friend zone. Well she probably has this other guy on her mind right now. So that could be why she brought friends with her last time. Then I would say to move on and see if you can meet other people, but if you just stay friends... You may never leave the zone 🤔 If she gets the idea that she can have you in her life, but not date you she may not ever give it a shot. Maybe tell her that you understand that she just left a relationship and that you'd enjoy going out with her if she'd like to when she is ready. Just say it kindly with no hard feelings. it might make her stop and realize that she'll be missing out.

• Chances are you're friend zoned, but she could be playing hard to get.

If you want her enough to risk getting hurt, or you'd rather be friends than not have her in your life at all, which I think is totally legit, then keep taking what time she offers. Don't push too hard or seem overeager, or if she's only semi-interested you'll push her away.

Just realize that it's more likely she's friend zoned you than has romantic interest, if she ever had it, so you have to be prepared to find that to be the case. But it's not hopeless, so if you want her badly enough I don't think you have to give up. Just don't push overly hard and get permanently friend zoned-- or worse yet, avoided-- even if you aren't yet.

• It does seem like she has lost interest. However, i would suggest you to ask her more directly whether she is holding grudges. In case she says "no" and she has nothing personal with you, then i think you shall know that she isn't into you at this time.

• Well all I know is she's not going to make a move on you. If you want it, you have to make a move on her. And risk getting rejected. Otherwise just move on and leave her alone. Don't become one of those guys who wants to be "friends" but secretly wants more.

• Maybe she was talking about some other guy with her friends from the time you guys lost contact and she's kind of confused on where she stands as far as who she likes. Yeah she might been sending you those signs but she might not of wanted her friends to see her behave that way if she told them about someone else. I think you should keep going out with her and see what happens!

• Friend zoned... But maybe she friend zoned you because she doesn't think she has a chance with you.. I'm saying that because I've done that with a guy, ..
    But don't get your hopes to up..

• It Appears Here, dear, with my own Writing on the Wall and All that she is Not... Into you as Much, just a Hunch, as she May have been.
    And for all you Know, you May have been in her Friend Zone all along. xx

• She could be interested but she seems more like Adrienne at this point.

• She's playing with you

• I feel like she doesn't know what she wants.

• She doesn't seem too interested

• not interested. THe friend zone doesn't exsist.

• Friend zone or not interested yet. It take time to make a relationship happen

• She was probably nervous to see you again and was using her friends as a comfort zone to keep her from being awkward around you. Just ask her on a date (call her not text) and if she says no without a back up plan or anything then you will know for sure

• Give it time. Be a little more comfortable with her. That time when you lost contact with her might have been a bit of a turn off. And observe closely if she's seeing someone else. Talk to her more and see where things go from here. Hang out and make sure it's just the two of you.

• If you have to ask... probably.

• She is not. Just by bringing her friends she is indicating that she wanted the situation to be friendly. Remember that playing with hair could also mean nervous or it's a tick for her.

• Playing hard to get, and maybe even if she does like you she's not making a move. Ask her out on a date, even if you say 'hang out' also mention it's just the two of you. She may be shy , if that doesn't work try taking her on a double date instead so she feels less awkward being alone with you.

• She might be playing hard to get.

• that's what im thinking when we first met I deliberately did that despite her dropping lots of strong signals.

what do you suggest I do?

• after getting her number months back I didn't contact her, so losing touch was my fault