I get so awkward around guys I like and it's embarrassing?

When a guy I'm interested in talks to me, I seize up and get all awkward, which usually results in me saying embarrassing or stupid things. On the outside I'm fine and look cool and calm (maybe sometimes s but nervy when I know I've said something stupid) but it's like I have word vomit!

As a person I'm very chatty and sociable but I can be awkward sometimes- this seems to be enhanced around guys.

Advice please, how can I calm down and just be normal?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• You just get insecure and you're afraid of messing it up. Normally this is overthinking, you aren't gonna do anything wrong. I know this ain't easy, but try to relax and enjoy the moment that things will get better.

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually had the same problem when all I was doing was working and any man the hit on me was off limits as a client or colleague. You get so used to saying no and putting up fences.

Even at my world class favorite gym is have to be like no because that was my safe place not my date place.

I started online dating regularly and was a time investment at first to do the research on potentionial datable men but it was worth it.

The whole online thing and research have me more of a sense of control to be relaxed. It isn't an interview. It's drinks for no longer than an hour unless it's going great. I just got it into my busy schedule.

Yoga from 5:30 to 6:30 DT then shower and get ready at the gym. Actually a lot of ladies were doing the same thing of all ages and we shared outlets of brought outlet boards and just left them. Only two people could blow dry at a time.

I had at least one date every weeknight and one every weekend with someone else until we reached the liking each other.

I used tone terrified to date because I was so busy o never made time for it.

If you date once in a blue moon there's too much pressure. If you date all the time it's fun even when you leave knowing you are parting ways not to pursue anything. They're great and maybe could. Be. Friend but it isn't a match. But it was still fun conversation in most cases.

This said I never did the swipe left right thing. If I'm going to spend a few hours of my week between getting ready and not doing other things I make sure he's at least someone I'll enjoy having s drink with.

I've only been burned a couple times by 'yes men' that say anything they think will please you then get pissed because you're turned off and seek to escape very quickly as they fight to make you stay. They aren't nice guys that are people pleaser types. They just want I to your pants and are surprised you are there with them at all because what ever value you saw in them they don't see in themselves.

As your doctor about low dode clonazepam for doscial anxiety issues with dating but also seek counseling.

Trust me though once you get the ball rolling it's just another day in paradise. Dating is fun even when you walk away agreeing we aren't a match but I like and respect you.

What Guys Said 3

• I have the a problem a lot like it when the conversation goes stale I start talking about random facts... I had to learn to calm down and think a little then talk

• I think it's cute when a girl gets awkward or embarrassed especially when she's blushing. Basically if a girl is pretty everything she does is cute if she's not cute her behavior isn't either.

• Early stages is normal, happens to everyone.

What Girls Said 3

• Story of my life 😝😭

• I'm the same way, I have absolutely nothing to say to them so I let him do all the talking.

It won't stop unless you get comfortable with him. I still freeze up when I talk to mine.

• Before I got with the guy I like it was awkward so it isn't just u but u just need to get to no each other and stuff and it shouldn't be awkward