How do I fix my relationship, is it fixable?

I cheated on him with his best friend. Actually, it was an affair drawn out over a month's time with 3 encounters. I wasn't in love with his friend — it was more of an escape from the downward spiral my life was taking. I said that we should take it slow, but the pain he had caused me was forever ingrained in my brain. The affair started Valentine's Day when I went out to a bar with his friend and a couple of their friends. His friend started feeding me shots, followed me to the bathroom, and kissed me. This was someone who was best friends with my boyfriend, who I had confided in, who I had told my fears about the relationship to. We slept together a total of three times after that). I knew it was wrong, but that hour or two I spent with him made me forget about my problems. And as soon as I got in my car, the guilt and shame washed over me. I saw my boyfriend during this time period, but I refused to do anything sexual with him, saying I still needed time. The last time I saw his friend was on my boyfriend's birthday. I had brought my boyfriend out for a nice dinner, hung out with him, then went "home" when really I went to a party at his friend's house, where the rest of his friends were. I was talking to the friend in the kitchen when he went in for a drunken kiss. How do I rix this relationship?

• YES
  • NO
  • MAYBE
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, when he finds out he's probably going to have trust issues with future partners now because of you, well done.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not. I only had to read the first sentence. There's no reasonable excuse to why you did it. You're best bet is to move on and please never cheat on anybody again. He'll never forgive you for that so if y'all were able to still date, he'd cheat on you or use you until he finds someone else. It's guaranteed

What Guys Said 2

• You deserve whatever he decides.

• u r a cheater. Does he know about it? if he knew he will never trust u again.

What Girls Said 1

• Sorry there's not sugar coating this. You done mess up. Just confess. And if he wants to breakup with you, RESPECT his decision