I met a guy I really like but he is 4 and a half years younger than me. Is that too big of an age gap?

I met a guy through a mutual friend of mine and we immediately hit it off. It wasn't a set up, we just happened to be at the same bar at the same time and met. We've been talking every day since then and have hung out a few times with friends and alone. It honestly feels like we've known each other forever and have amazing chemistry. We get along so well and it's weird to me that we only just met a few months ago. There's one thing that I'm a little iffy about though... I turned 27 in December, and he'll be 23 at the end of this month (March). I was really bummed when I found this out but also extremely surprised because he doesn't come off that young at all. He says the age gap doesn't bother him at all but I'm worried about what other people might think. It doesn't bother me either because like I said he acts older than he really is, but living in a small town and having everyone know everyone else's business is a little concerning to me.

318

Most Helpful Guy

• it's funny I'm kind of on the same boat I started talking to this girl a couple days ago who is 4 years older then me. I'm 20 and she's 24 we haven't went on a date yet but when when we talk we get along well and she's always engaged in the conversation. but every once in a while she brings up my age how I'm mature but so young.
    I think we would get along great but I think she's hesitate because of what people well think. I have no problem with 4 years its really not that much of a gap i just hope she doesn't call it off because of it. anyways you shouldn't care about what people think fuck them. if you like each other go with it i would understand if it was 7 or 8 years but it's not. you shouldn't throw away something special just because of other people's opinion who knows he could be the 1 give him a chance. example my grandpa is 4 years younger then my grandma they been together since their early 20s and are still happily married more then 50 years later.

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't matter what other people think. If you like him, then don't let that stop you.

What Guys Said 17

• My idiot friend next to me have a 4 year and they are together for 4 years so far and same age as u
    He is 23 she is around 27/28.

Look what matters the most understanding and transparency in relationship which come easy if u had chemistry.
    Good luck hopefully u end up happily forever after.

• Don't worry about what other people think. It's nothing to do with them. All that matters is how the two of you feel. If anyone makes a derogatory comment, you'll have great pleasure is giving them an, "OhYeah?" smile when they're proved wrong!

Go for it. "Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for a might-have-been".

A quotation that I live by!

• My ex-girlfriend was 21 when I was 17, she cared about the age difference more than I did. We were together for 1.5 years, so it's workable if you don't place too much importance on it.

• no way, i've been with multiple women older than me, age is just a number if you have chemistry why not?

• Nope. Age is just a number and as you get older the numbers matter less and less. If there's a spark there then go for it! Screw what other people think.

• No, if you are in love age is immaterial, 4 1/2 years is nothing.

• Go for it sis! don't worry about what people say eh!

• Ask him!

• You should try. 4 age. İt is not much of a problem

• It's fine

• Your age differences aren't bad, and as you get older will seem to be a much smaller age gap... go for it!

• It's not that bad, grandma.

• can always count on at least one person to be a rude for no reason at all. thanks!

• you are fine, don't worry about it. +or- 5 years is not going to matter

• age is only a number and you can't let numbers dictate your life

• I always think of it like this take the age gap from you to him (4 years) now take his age and set him up in your mind with the same age gap going younger (a 19 year old) and then cut the weirdness by close to half.
    As both of you get older less the gap there is.

• If people say yes, are you gonna cut every single contact with this person? Exactly.

• You're fine, you found a keeper. Stick with him and you won't regret it. Trust me

What Girls Said 2

• it's absolutely alright, unless it's a 40 year age difference 🙃

• aga gap dopesn't matter