How do you really play hard to get? What exactly does that mean because I'm considering it?

I don't know anything about playing hard to get I've never done it before but this is my very first relationship and he knows that but lately I feel like he's been taking me for granted the more I show him how much I feel about him the more he neglects and ignores me. He's been doing this on and off for months now one minute everything is fine and talking and texting everyday and the next minute, he's ignoring my phone calls with no explanation and not returning them and sometimes replying to my texts but he doesn't always reply to them and I've never done this to him before but I feel like this will be my only way to make him take me more seriously any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds more like he is already playing a game with you. Just stay your course and if you get tired of it tell him.

What Guys Said 2

• Key words are "play" and "playing" I won't be with anyone that plays any kind of relationship game. Do you want to be with one that does?

• I don't think it'd work for you though

What Girls Said 1

• So you play hard to get, he starts paying attention to you, pursues you, and then what happens after he gets you? Wouldn't he get bored again and start taking you for granted? What do you do then, do you play hard to get for the rest of your life then?