Why do guys lose interest in me?

I know this seems like a pathetic question but every guy loses interest in me every time I think I meet a "good guy." I always find out that the other guy goes and flirts with another girl because he just can't keep his pants together. I go through ignored texts, weird insults being thrown at me, and just general ignorance. I'm not clingy and I'm just open to new experiences. I don't know if I'm boring to talk to, I only know that people see me as the "innocent, shy girl" that can be a victim--and that's honest advice from a friend. I don't know what to do and I've given up finding a guy. I don't even want to be relationship in the future from all the shit that I see couples go through.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're under 18. You're not developed as a human yet, you have a long way to go.

The best thing you can do to attract others is invest in yourself. What do you want to do with your life? What hobbies do you enjoy? What do you want to learn to do? Here's the thing, any guy would rather introduce their gal as "hey! This is my girlfriend, you know, the one who is really good at X or is studying to do Z" Just like you want a "good guy" who is good at things as well.

Strengthen yourself, invest in yourself, and you'll have the pick of them all.

• I'm not smart, I'm talented, I'm not pretty, I'm not interesting

• You're only allowing private messages

• Ok adjusted :D
      Now u can.

Most Helpful Girl

• You say your friend tells you that people see you as "innocent" and "shy". You also realize that "he just can't keep his pants together". Guys at that age really only care about sex, and if you aren't going to put out then they look elsewhere. Some think they deserve sex, and so can be quite mean if they aren't getting any from you. Now maybe you are willing, but since you appear as "innocent" and "shy" most will not think that you would be likely to have sex with them and so they lose interest. Honestly, just wait for them to grow up.

What Guys Said 8

• you might just be meeting bad guys I've noticed all my girl friends who say they meet a good guy is really just a dude pretending to be good and not really someone who would be a good boyfriend

• Guys lose interest because they don't know what they want, so they're chasing the high of a relationship without the commitment. Sex, dates, and status are what they care about. It's not about the girl, but rather how having the girl makes them look cool. They lose interest because they usually weren't interested in YOU to begin with. Same is true for many girls concerning guys. At some point dating becomes less about having someone and more about finding the right someone.

• Why though? Why do they only care about that? I dont understand it. For acceptance from their friends or society or what

• Really? So it's media driven but is it also evolutionary?

• Media and Society, yeah. Good parenting can help young adults learn respect and how to value a relationship, but aside from that they have to figure it out themselves. So many teens are looking for relationships without a notion on how to manage one or properly care for each other.

• No they don't lose interest.
    It's that u are not dating the right people.

Describe to us how dating work with
    Walk us re process how a guy get to ask u out how many conversations happen before u give ur number etc..
    give us a scenario

• Wait. Not many guys under 20 are very mature.

• You're too young. Give yourself time to grow up a little. Work hard, get good grades, be successful in whatever your aspirations are. Develop your social skills, and skills of being a feminine woman. THEN you'll meet the right guy and will actually have something of value to bring to a relationship.

in my opinion you're looking for someone to 'complete' you. That just doesn't work. You gotta be able to do that on your own, THEN you'll have something to GIVE to someone else.

• How do I develop my social skills and skills of being a feminine woman if people are uninterested in talking to me?

• Okay, that sounds good but I don't want people thinking I'm a goodie-goodie.

• Has nothing to do with goodie-goodie - just be genuinely interested in people and they'll talk to you. Social interaction is a learned skill. The more you do it the better you'll get at it.

It could well be you're an introverted type and this type of interaction is draining. I am. And It is. But I got really good at it being in sales for so many years. I was driven by the thrill of the kill - when I would close the sale I won.

• Grow up kid... get a life. Love yourself the most. That's damn necessary. Don't wait for a guy to decide who you are. You are just "you" and nobody else, and that's perfectly fine. Be proud of you and don't lament over guys... you will surely get one when the perfect time comes. Remember, somebody is waiting for you somewhere. Just let time show its beauty. Blessings and peace 😊

• No one is waiting for me anywhere. And I have to judge myself based on those things because that's what society expects of me. I can't get too close to anyone anymore.

• You're still a kid... it's evident from how you think of yourself. Lots of blessings and happiness. May the Almighty shower upon you a thousand nectar streams of love and bliss. May you get a great man by your side... have a nice day, Goodbye 😊

• I'm not religious and nothing will happen. I considered suicide before

• They're looking for satisfaction for themselves and overlooking the good things about you

• You should go lesbian since men are so complicated

What Girls Said 2

• If you are unique and offer something no other girl does - you will get guys who are interested in you and only you. You need to develop your personal gifts and your own unique ways of living and value yourself.

• What kinds of personal gifts? What personal gifts do guys like?

• be yourself - that is the best way to be unique.

• I thought that guys only like hot girls

• You are just terribly unlucky. I doubt it has anything to do with you.