How to stop being "just one of the guys"?

I was raised with mostly guy friends so I tend to act like just another dude when I hang out with them. I'm very boyish in personality; I play video games, skate, lift weights, have short hair etc. but I do have feminine qualities like curves & I like putting on makeup to accentuate my facial features. But I'm still seen as "one of the guys" and people don't tend to think I'm straight lol (which I am.) I don't want to change who I am but how can I seem more attractive and not just a part of them?

55

Most Helpful Guy

• well honestly I dont mean to suggest to change who you are but for starters I would consider growing out your hair. that's one of the huge things I personally look at when admiring a girl. but again don't change who you are because someone on a stupid app said to.

• I'm gonna take the advice you said at the end haha I like my hair short better.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey - I can totally relate! I was "one of the guys" throughout high school (played sports, didn't date, didn't go to parties). Ok, I'm way older than you, so I can say from experience in hindsight...

(1) APPRECIATE the fact that you have a solid group of guy friends (in my experience guys have always been less fickle than girls, and way more straightforward).

(2) DON'T change who you are (you sound perfect!)

(3) If there is a certain guy in your group that you like,

(a) Don't tell your other guy friends. Maybe they already know or tease you... but don't give in and admit it lol.
    (b) Be friendly, keep being yourself, and try to be as neutral as possible... while also looking at things that you and the guy have in common, and non-obvious ways that you might have a chance to hang out
    (c) Continue doing your makeup and taking care of yourself
    (d) ... and don't put all of your eggs in one basket in terms of liking/ going after one guy

Overall: You're young... and you don't know if one of the guys in your group also have feelings for you, but don't want to "ruin" anything. You could maybe even try to find a way to hang out individually with each person in your group, whether you like them as more than a friend or not. That can also give you the chance to get to know them better 1 on 1, and you can find out more about how they feel about you. They might even give you advice on dating!

(4) Maybe try meeting a guy not in your immediate guy circle... Or even just lightly flirt with someone. Just to get your feet wet in terms of flirting. This will also give an opportunity for you to take your mind of someone you might have a crush on in your group.

What Guys Said 4

• you don't have to do anything.. people are gonna think what they want to think.. you can't change it.. just be happy the way you are.. by the way nice hairstyle..

• Be more girly

• Why would you want? That's the best kind of girl!

• Being a boy is better trust me , if you like acting like guys just don't Change your self

What Girls Said 4

• Find a guy who makes you feel more like a girl :) Like im tomboyish around my friends, but there's always that one crush who i'll get all feminine for

• If you want to date a guy, ask him out.

• just be yourself

• don't change.