Intelligence wise, are you more attracted to someone who's talented in natural sciences or social sciences?

Most of us are attracted to intelligence. But would you rather want a partner who's very good at math, physics, technology etc or someone who's good with literature, social sciences, politics etc?
I get they are not mutually exclusive, but which do you find more appealing?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• When I say I am looking for intelligence, it has nothing to do with school subjects. It is about your ability to carry on conversations and how much social awareness you have. When I say "social awareness," I mean you know what's going on in the world or at least our country, you look around society and make interesting observations or know how to see what's actually there instead of being all in your feelings or only seeing things from your experiences, etc. This is why I think most people are stupid, even people I've met at college and in graduate school--and I went to top-ranked universities. Most people are missing the "social awareness" part, especially when I say seeing what's actually there and not being all about your experiences and your feelings.

To that end, someone who is good at social sciences is more likely to have the type of intelligence I'm talking about. Math and science people are more "black and white" about everything, they see everything as being about logic and deny/ignore the human/emotional element (not everything is about logic, and not everything is about how you or others feel), and they're very frustrating to deal with because of these things. And I say this as someone who has degrees in social science fields but works in technology. But ultimately, it's not about academics.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• Social sciences. Don't get me wrong, I love natural science nerds (it's my fetish), but they are hard to connect with on an emotional level. Their logic can tend to get in the way of understanding the dynamics of the relationship, and make intimacy difficult...

I would honestly prefer a blend of both...

• It doesn't matter much either way to me. But I like social sciences more so I would prefer that one. It would give me more to talk about with them

• Social sciences

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!