Am I born the wrong gender?

I'm a girl, and I want to be a girl. And don't get me wrong, I'm heterosexual. Girls are suppose to be small, pretty, and live off of guys. But sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong gender. I'm 5'9 which is pretty tall, and guys my height usually call themselves 6'0 or 6'2 (since everyone overexagerates their height, even though i know they are shortrr than that) and girls call them tall when they are the same height as me. I get usually one of the best grades in all my classes, or the best grade, plus they are the top classes too, which is something guys want. I'm also pretty good at sports, and I have some muscle, which guys also want. It's scary but I lift more than the guys I know. And I can lift heavier weights than them. Im born in a pretty wealthy family, which is something guys want too. My face is pretty feminine but that's like it. my body is like a guys. I feel like I was born the wrong gender. All guys seem to be afraid of me. What do I do? Should I be a guy instead? but I don't like girls in the that way.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Stick with who you really feel you are. You sound very feminine. Tall, yes, but that doesn't detract from your femininity. Lifting weights is good. Shows you are looking after yourself.

At 13, don't worry about your body too much. You are still developing and still have a long way to go. See what you look like at 18. I bet you'll be terrific!

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, first of all, wanting to do well in school has nothing to do with gender. I'd be interested to hear where you got that idea from. A lot of women would like to have "some muscle" which is why a lot of them go to the gym or to fitness classes... I've known a lot of girls who enjoy sports. In fact, there are a lot of female professional athletes. Don't let anyone tell you there's something wrong with that. Wealthy families don't only produce boys... Gender has nothing to do with how wealthy your family is. Like at all. And you are young. Your body is still developing. Not every girl grows up to be super curvy but your body will become more "womanly" as you continue through puberty. If guys treat you like they're afraid of you, they're immature. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with you.

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't worry about it it takes a long time to figure out the opposite sex just because we aren't all over you doesn't mean that there won't be a guy that falls hard for you. =)

• You like being a woman, your face is feminine and you even like guys and not girl', so what's wrong?

What Girls Said 1

• You don't have to be straight to be a guy. If you really feel like you should be a guy, try it online for a while. Use He and Him pronouns and see if you like how they feel. If you like it, go for it. I spent three months secretly trying out identifying as a boy, and decided I could be a girl but I would dress and present more masculine. It's all up to you if you really believe it.