Losing interest after being asked out?

So for as long as I can remember, I have had this problem of really liking this guy, but as soon as he asks me out, I lose interest. I will flirt with cute guys and convince myself that I really like them, but it just kind of disappears the moment that they get serious with it. I don't know if I'm just afraid of getting close or if I am merely in love with the idea of love, but it feels so ridiculous. Do any of you have experience with this and what is a good way to stop being this way?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, how do you feel about the idea of being in an actual relationship? Maybe you're just not ready for one. Or maybe the guys you flirt with aren't guys you really are interested in. Maybe you just want more of a challenge, a chase?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am the same way. I'll be so into a guy but when I think they're really starting to like me, the feelings vanish and I feel nothing but panic and discomfort. I start thinking of the smallest turn offs. My theory is that I have a fear of not being able to meet a guy's expectations. There are basic things a lot of people associate with relationships that I am not interested in. I also get scared that I don't know them well enough to know how I actually feel about them. Then, I feel like it's moving too fast.

What Guys Said 3

• Well the first step is just going out with them and not assuming anything till the end of the date.

• Guys are unattractive when you can easily get them yes?

• I guess you're afraid of commitment. Or getting hurt from commitment.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!