Is it hard to get back in the dating world at the age of 28 for a female?

I'm nervous to end my relationship and engagement to my fiance as I'm not sure I'll find anything better. Maybe I'm better to settle with what I have. I'm worried all of the good ones will be picked over.

On a side note I've never had trouble finding a boyfriend and always have guys talking to me when I'm single. I just was younger during those times. What kind of guys will I appeal to?

73

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me just say this. If you're even thinking of ending your relationship and engagement with your fiancé for reasons you just mentioned then obviously he's not the one for you that will make you happy as a husband. If you're not happy and thrilled about the thought of marrying him someday at this point then you never will be and it'll only get worst. So regardless of the prospects available to you now you still will be better off not marrying the man you now call your fiancé because your marriage with him won't work out anyway. Before you marry someone you need to give it a 100% go!! As far as being able to find someone better you have the whole world open to you to look and see. If you always had guys talking to you when you were single that should be a good sign to you that guys found you attractive and someone they enjoyed talking with. You can meet guys on dating sites but stick with guys that are at least semi-local so that you don't find yourself falling in love with a guy that lives in another state or country especially if you have a family back home. You might could meet and date some guys right close to where you live or work... there's guys all over looking for a nice friendly girl that has her life together and knows what she wants. If you're not carrying some baggage I don't know about you should have absolutely no trouble meeting some nice guys like yourself to date and possibly get more serious. Couples are waiting a little longer now to get married and have a family. You're a very good age right now. Don't be afraid to take the plunge. Spiffy yourself up and try to take off any extra pounds if you gained any and be the belle of the ball. Good luck!

• Thank you. This is what I needed to read. It's just so scary as I love my fiance but I'm not so sure I'm in love with him like I was before due to his lack of taking care of himself. I take very good care of myself and go to the gym every morning. I'm 5'8 and very fit with blonde hair. I've always been told I look like a barbie doll. I do not have any kids and have a good job that's professional. It's still so terrifying to try to date again. I'm just so scared I'll regret ending the engagement then be screwed.

• Based on what you said I can promise you that you'll have absolutely no problem finding a guy that will fit what you're looking for. Be picky and choosy but do look over the field good. Would it be a complete shock to him if you told him what you said here? Do you think he's been sensing that something hasn't been quite right lately? What would be the biggest mistake is for you to marry a guy you don't really love because that will only get worst... not better! Have a talk with him first about what you just said here as far as how he takes care of himself. You might as well just get it out so that he's fully aware how you feel. There's a good chance he doesn't have the slightest idea that he's been like that and that this has been a major problem to you to the point of breaking up. At least, give him a chance since you say you still love him. He deserves that. You might be surprised what he might do for you once you talk. He may reallyy love you. Leave him if he won't compromise.

Most Helpful Girl

• Im 28, same age as you. And as you probably notice, your taste in men has changed. You are no longer attracted to the same type of guys who you were attracted to when you were 21. The dating game is hard, its not easy. So many guys want sex or talking to mutiple women until they make a decision on who they will talk to.

What Guys Said 2

• 28 is a young age! why you putting this on age that's merely a number? people have a pleasing personality even at 40 plus age! you still have too much of a time to showcase yourself babe!

• Thank you. It's just scary not knowing what kind of guys I might meet or where I'll find them. I've seen some super attractive 40 year olds and wouldn't be opposed to giving them a try. But in those cases I assume I'd have to make a first move to let them know I'm interested.

• Well.. i might as well be interested in you.. who knows? 😍

I am 29.. and I hv never been this younger b4!

• Keep in mind that "IF" you were to marry someone 12 years older than you, when you're 60 he'll be 72. He may be out of sync with you when it comes to any children you might have. As young teenagers he'll be in his mid to late 50's.

• I would say you have about two years before it becomes very difficult for you to find someone that wants to settle down and have a family (kids)
    Once you turn 30, most guys won't want you for long term if they are family oriented guys because they might not want a kid immediately with someone new and you would be approaching the age where the health of the kids would be in jeopardy past 30.

• Finding someone to date short term is easy, but for long term and having a family is what will get much more difficult.

What Girls Said 6

• if you're not happy with him leave.. and don't think much of being with another guy.. because if you think about it.. you're still young I don't see any problem with that..

• Thanks it's just scary thinking of having to go back to the dating world.

• I agree.. my last relationship I was thinking just like.. we broke up about 2 months ago and I'm okay with it.. guys will be around forever lol

• sorry I meant I was having the same thoughts as you do

• i just started dating after divorce from eight years of marriage. i am a plain thirty two years old woman. i used my swag tricks from before married and am having no problems being approached by people eighteen to sixty. you should just act naturally but interested in a hook up with someone you like

• Ok this gives me hope. Do you live in a fairly large city though? Where I live isn't huge so I worry that there won't be many available. Also I can't imagine sitting at the bar every weekend either. Where are you meeting these guys at?

• i live in taipei city which is fairly large. i hang out at pubs, night club and cafes when hunting for lovers. doesn't take long for lonely girl to attract attention

• You should never settle. That can set both of you up for so much trouble in the long run. Please don't be selfish.

• it's not a problem if you look and act decent

• For sure. I have a very professional job so I have to present myself in a very mature way. I also take very good care of myself by working out, eating healthy, spray tans and up to date clothes. It's just so scary as I feel super old to go back to dating.

• it is never too late

• you and me both girl..
    I'm 29, currently going through divorce. started dating about 2 week ago, and got crazy overwhelmed by tinder lol casual dating seems pretty easy for girls.