Is moving away in a year a good reason to not start a relationship?

There's this girl at my school that wants to become a couple except I'm moving away next year permanently, so things would eventually have to end.

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:

65

Most Helpful Girl

• No things can change in a year :)

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion no. Lots of things can happen in the future and you have no idea how they will work out. As long as you both know what you are getting into I think it's OK. It could end up being a sad parting in a year, but it's also possible that year could be the best year of your life. I say as long as she knows you plan on moving, enjoy it while you can.

My fondest memory is of someone who moved away. She moved and I never saw her again. Yes it was sad, but I wouldn't trade the years I was with her for anything.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, that is a very good reason not to get into a relationship, because she is looking for something now, you need something permanent. This is less likely to be the case. If you get involved with her on that level, forget it. She will start complaining later once you move next year how she's not getting enough attention. Don't get her hopes up. Why have something for now when you could have something that can be permanent? Nothing in this life lasts forever, no, but what you can do about is making sure you're making a rational and wise decision. This is not a decision based on emotion. Always remember that.

• Start with Friends, Go Slow, Joe. And if it Ends up to be More in Store... There is Skype and other Means of Communication.
    I had Married a Muslim Man out in Egypt, with Traveling over to him, Lived there for Awhile even.
    Anything is Possible if Mother Nature has her own Hand in it Here, dear. Even if it is Not a Stone's Throw, you Know.
    Good Luck. xx

• It is, just don't miss out on happiness because of your worries of the future.
    How far away are you moving?

• About 9hrs away from where we live now. We're in college right now and I'm transferring next year.

• It could work but unless you really like her, I wouldn't start it

• Okay thanks for the help

• If you're both meant to be together, it will happen. Distance won't stop it.

• Yes, it's

What Guys Said 4

• If you are moving away permanently, and there is no way you two can be together in the same town/city in the future, then yes it is a very bad idea to start a relationship.

• It depends. Does she have interest in moving where you will be living? If yes, then I would say you could still start the relationship. If not, then I wouldn't start the relationship if I were you. It depends on whether she's willing to move with you (eventually). But she needs to think it over real hard. This is a rather big decision.

• That's ages away just enjoy each others company until then. Many relationships wouldn't even last until then!

• Well, you're going to die in 50 or 60 years, so why bother starting any relationship?