Any advice for introducing my girlfriend to my mom?

Hi everyone! Soon I'm going to be introducing my girlfriend to my mom and the other way around. There's one obstacle, however... language barrier. Me and my girlfriend communicate in English as we're from different countries and my mom barely speaks any English... So I'll have to translate. Has anyone ever been through something like this? And if yes.. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated!

Note: This is the first girl I'm ever introducing to my mom, as I've been so serious about anyone until now.. which makes it quite the big deal and even more complicated. But it's something that needs to happen sooner or later, so... :D

Thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• I was with a guy from another country before. Forunately for me, my family speaks English pretty well. Sometimes there was still that barrier though. at that time you just have to be the translator. cool thing about it is, you know both people pretty well, so you can make sure their message gets formed to the other language in the best way possible. it's gonna be somewhat tiring for you, but not as bad as an obstacle as you may think

What Girls Said 1

• Awwww good luck!!!

What Guys Said 1