I like outside of my race?

Dont get me wrong i like my race and dont have a problem with boys of my race but I have an attraction towards white boys. Im tired of girls of my race making us look bad not all but some. so my question is 1. How do i tell my dad? and 2. Will i ever find someone who likes me for me?

514

Most Helpful Guy

• The best way to find someone who "likes you for you" is by being yourself. Be true to your self and the most honest you can be and that will attracted the right guy for you.

I don't know your family/friends... I know some families have a problem with it. If you are living in their house you have to respect their wishes... but don't hide who you are.

• I've had black FWBs but I knew some of my family and her family weren't ok with it so when kept it away from them. Bring them into, you going around their family/friends that have a problem will only put unnecessary stress/strain on your relationships. If you are in love and your SO is in love with you.. that is ALL that matters. 75% of your life will be spent with your SO.. friends/family "that love you" will except it when they see that you are truly happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• so your dad is racist or what? you can date whoever you want, have you ever met brazilian people? I've seen Asian looking guys with tan skin and green eyes, caucasian looking women with afro hair and lots of blacksmith light colored eyes
    they all looked so exotic, race means shit to me as long as you like the person

• he's not racist he just believes in dating your own race

• thats your opinion my god father and mother are white

• of course it's just my opinion, it's what the site is about
      but if you exclude other races to preserve your own that's racism to some extent, you may not be treating other people badly but he's still discriminating possible partners on your account
      that is what I think

What Guys Said 13

• People are more diverse these days and more open to dating outside of their race it's not just you. Just like how people can have a preference for what race they're attracted to - no, it's not racist either - you can have those you're not so attracted to. At the end of the day, anyone you date should be able to accept you for you anyway, right? So yeah, definitely, you'll find someone. As for explaining it to your parents, no idea and good luck! Depends on how accepting they are really.

• I think your dad should respect that you like to date outside of your race and trust me there is lot guys who date outside of their race , i don't see it being a big deal myself i would date outside of my own race i feel skin color is skin deep and in the eyes of the beholder.

• I date outside of my "race" but as an adult, and i would recommend that you not do so until after you're an adult simply because of all the racial crap you'll have to deal with.

• Thank you its been bothering me for awhile so thank you for sharing your opinions and thoughts it means much!

• When I was a kid growing up, I thought racism would be over by the time I was grown up, but boy, was I wrong.

It is getting better, slowly, but interracial couples still face challenges. It's one thing to face those challenges as an adult, but as a kid, it's just too much.

• I guess you should not give a guy a headstart just because of his race. try to see each people without any racial preference and personal qualities that match you.

• that's there problem then right?

• You have the rights to date whoever you want. We ain't living in a era where you have to marry the boy your parents like. Don't worry about race or skin color when it comes to love :)

• Just wondering what is your race, seems like your hiding it through your wording. But to answer your questions
    1. Just tell him... or don't, its your private relationship life, not his, you do you, don't let them keep you away from what you like
    2. Sure, you just need to put some work into finding someone and working with eachother for eachother

• what's your a race

• Date who you wish and damn what anyone else thinks or says.

• Some will like you. Also why do you need to tell your dad?

• Are you Asian?

• Lol then why its ok for blacks to date white women but not black women to date white men?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• You sound like a bedwench. You've just been brainwashed by society to like white guys. They really aren't attractive.

• 1. Just tell him or get a boyfriend and show and just tell him u didn't know it was a problem 2. It doesn't matter what race u are u seem like a. Well suited person that anyone would like so yes just be yourself cause it 2017 and everyones out in the open

• are you black?

• I am the same but the opposite: my boyfriend is black and I am white girl. Race does not matter in any relationship; its not just about physicsal. There will be someone out there who loves you for who you are no matter what race or beliefs you have- and if people have a problem with it- you don't need them in your life. You have the right to love who YOU want: Not what others want.