Do you need your own place?

So since I've been putting more effort into finding a girl I like this is bugging me.

• Yes
  • No
  • As long as you can get alone time
    Vote C
  • Ok with roommates not parents
    Vote D
I'll just add this, I make 1200 a month right now and the cheapest place I can find is 700 a month right now. Before taxes. I live with my mom because I don't have much of a choice right now.

66

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends how old you are and your situation.
    If you're still going to college yeah stay with your parents! It saves you money and I know I wouldn't judge.

If you're out of school and over 23-24 then yeah I say get your own place

• In your situation it probably will turn off some girls, but probably not any worth dating in the first place

Most Helpful Guy

• Living with your parents lowers your standing in the eyes of most women.

What Girls Said 5

• What are your bills? Are you in school?
    I'm about to graduate. So, I am welcome at my mom's home. And my boyfriend lives with his mom. And, in the beginning, I didn't have a problem with this-and I still don't... but he isn't in school, doesn't pay thattttt many bills, and isn't in his own place-high school ended 3 years ago. Why not branch out? Having a roommate isn't a bad idea either. Without my roommies, I couldn't afford my place.

• I live with two others so I usually don't get my own space, I usually have at least one of the boys in the room with me, but as long as the opportunity to sit quietly and take a little time to myself is there, I'm okay with that.

• all you need is alone time

• I have had my own place since I was 20-21 years old.

• I don't care that much, if I don't plan on getting kids with the guy, and we're able to get some alone time.
    But the kids can depend on me, so again it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't. But im only 16. My parents are really cool. They know I jave sex andcan bring a girl to my room. They know what were doing n totally. My dad even makes sure i have enough condoms too. When I'm older, yes I want my own place. But am cool with the way things r now.

• I already have my own place. The key is budgeting. If you can budget your money, you should be able to have your own place. Lots of people fail to do that. Cut out anything that you absolutely do NOT need. Once you have the money for it, then you can buy it. Only pay for the ABSOLUTE essentials - food, water, heat/electricity, rent/mortgage, and car money (insurance, gas, repair). Remember, you don't need to get such an expensive place. If it needs a little fixing up (and you know how to fix it), then get it. It could be cheaper for you in that way. Get a place that fits into your budget. Get a place that is cheap enough but still habitable. If necessary (or even if it isn't), bring your parents or someone you know who knows about this kind of thing. They can help you get a good enough place.

• Not really. It can have an effect on your relationship depending on where you spend time and how but it's not a necessity.

• Hell no!
    I stayed with my parents until I was 30.
    Why?
    Because it was the cheapest that I was ever going to live. - lol
    It is insane to piss money away in rent etc. until you have saved enough money to buy your own place.
    In my case, I owned two houses by the time that I moved out. It just did not make financial sense to live in either of them.

• not necessarily. You can still have a good relationship without living together.