What to do if the guy you are dating is having family issues?

I've been dating this guy for about a month now and this week, it has been quiet and he tells me that it's been stressful at home with family issues. I did ask if everything is ok, and then I said that he doesn't have to answer that question, if he doesn't want to. He said he will tell me when he sees me. I didn't want to push him further as I'm always someone who likes/knows when to give space and not to disturb, especially with these things. He normally doesn't tell me about issues he is having either and is a private person I feel, so I don't know how to handle it with him.

I'm not sure how severe the issue is and I don't want him to feel I have the right to be told what's going on since we only been dating for less than a month.

I haven't spoken to him for 4 days now and normally Friday nights he would text me to see how I'm doing and to sort weekend plans together. But I haven't heard from him at all... should I still give him some space and let him come to me when he is ready? Or check in?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want a serious relationship with him and genuinely care, check in on him. As for what he tells you, it's completely up to you. You've already made it clear he doesn't have to tell you anything by saying he doesn't have to answer but if he does just let him vent and try to offer some support.

What Guys Said 3

• checking in would not be a bad idea so he at least know your still there for him but make sure its not a long drug out message. because he will look at it like your wanting to know more than you do which isn't the case. but he might see it like that.

• Check in. "Hey, I hope your OK and doing better with the family issues you. I hope everything will be fine, I was just kind of worried. I wish I was there because you deserve a big hug for what you been through with this issue."

• Give him a week and see if he texts you back

What Girls Said 0