Should I respond to this guy or just let it go?

So this guy and I went on 1 date. I had a good time, he seemed decent. But I felt like there were some things that he may not be truthful to me about.

He had only been out of his 7 year relationship for a couple weeks when we met. And I didn't know that until the date.

Also, after the date we had been talking and it was apparent he had no time. It seemed like every time I would try to text him. He would reply a few days later and at really odd times and say "sorry, I was so busy at work I didn't have time to text you". This happened a few times and I just got sick of hearing his apologies yet again for not responding.

I'm totally understanding. But I reached my limit and just felt things were going nowhere. So after our last text, I just stopped. He never asked me out on another date.

Well he just messaged me last night with just a simple "Hey". Nothing about how I'm doing or whether I would want to go on a date or anything. Should I respond?

23

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the "Hey" was just the opener to see if you would respond or not.
    He could be over his busy period at work.
    To be fair, unless you do text him, you won't really know where what he wants.

What Guys Said 2

• Up to you. If you feel like he'll waste your time, don't. If you want to give him another chance, do it.

• I can't stand that excuse how someone is too busy to respond, it only takes a few seconds in an entire day to respond.
    I say ignore the guy and move on.

• "I can't stand that excuse how someone is too busy to respond, it only takes a few seconds in an entire day to respond." Thank you!!!

I honestly feel the same way! If all he can muster after several weeks of no talking is a 3 letter "Hey" then I really don't feel he has the motivation or desire to really be anything more than just the occasional text buddy.

What Girls Said 1