Should I answer my ex back and accept his apology?

Okay so we were dating for 4 months, I cared about the guy a great deal.. and he ended it over just a few disagreements then just like that cold turkey ignored me... the confusion and pain was very hurtful... well after 3 months of not talking he finally texted/messaged me on 4 diff days.. I haven't answered and I don't know if I should... I appreciate any advice... my dad absolutely hates him too and my mom died 8 years ago..

Here is what he texted:

"Hey how are you? I wanna say I have been thinking a lot lately and I'm very very sorry for the way I handled things and all that. I don't know why I did but you didn't deserve that at all. I'll understand if you dont answer "
"Heyy"
" Hey I guess you're not gunna accept my apology that I texted u the other day... I completely understand"
"Hey I guess you really do hate me. I get it. I'm trying to just be nice and apologize to you"

Thoughts? Should I answer and what does it sound like to you do you think he also is looking to get back? (Which I don't)

12

What Guys Said 2

• Remember that if he ghosted you once there is nothing suggesting he won't again. Accept his apology and be good on your part. However, cut communication with him after and just wish him best

• I absolutely agree with @SoundHDᴠᴇʀɪꜰɪᴇᴅ

What Girls Said 1

• totally agree with the guy who answered hun. once they do it one time they will most likely do it again