Does being exclusive mean to be in a serious relationship?

The guy I have been dating for the past 3 months, asked me to be exclusive but not to be his girlfriend, so he confused me a little.

46

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people have a different definition of what dating is. I was in a situation where a girl I was dating, didn't consider it dating until we were in a relationship. And everything before the relationship was just talking. I would recommend just asking him what he meant, communication is key in any relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• A bit of a contradiction, his request...

But essentially yes, a serious relationship. But it sounds like he isn't overly invested right now...

What Guys Said 5

• What he's wanting is for you to only fuck him but he's free to fuck others. What do you think of this jerk now?

• calm down, grandpa.

• Ok, I talked to him and he asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday. You are a really sad and bitter old person. So in my language, Vete a la mierda!

• That seems awfully convenient. How do you know it isn't just words?

• Yes.

• It makes no sense, he wants to be exclusive yet he doesn't want you to be his girlfriend?

• Maybe he already has defined the relationship himself and already assumes you're his girlfriend.

• Yes, so him wanting that and not a relationship doesn't make any sense to me either.

What Girls Said 3

• He only wants you to date him and no one else

• What did you say?

• It sounds like he wants to control and dominate you by confusing you and not 'allowing' you to be involved with other men but not committing to you. I think it's really easy to 'break up' with a guy who isn't your 'boyfriend' anyway.