If your parents don't approve your relationship would you still date that person?

I wouldn't date a white chick cause my mom wants me to date latinas.

169

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't. In fact, I once told a guy that anybody I date has to pass the Mother Test, and if she doesn't like you it's over. He was like "WOW," lol. My mother is good at judging people, so I value her opinion a lot.

With stuff like race and sexual orientation... I mean, I get it, I really do. But, for me, it's not worth it if it's really going to cause a big issue between me and my parents. The odds of a romantic relationship working out nowadays are so small, even if you're married, but my parents always have and always will be there for me. My last relationship partially ended because her family would never accept it, and I completely understood that part of the relationship ending.

Also, when you're one race dating outside of your race and you know your parents are racist or unaccepting, don't drag me into it just because you think "It's my life" or whatever. I don't want to deal with your racist-@ss parents, and in that situation I would immediately dump you once I know your parents are racist or you drag me into a negative experience with them. So many people drag people into racist hostile family situations, and, like I said, love ya but not worth it. Go find somebody your own race if your parents are idiots and stop subjecting innocent people to bullschitt. It's selfish.

Most Helpful Guy

• no, honour your parents. it's not like they are keeping you from preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and how we are saved by grace through faith.

if the person you want to date is a believer, fellowship with them, if an infidel, witness to them. doesn't have to be a romantic date, it can be any date.

if no meeting the person at all, (knowing he/she's an infidel) let your parents know that you may witness to the person (given you're washed in the blood of the Lamb)

What Girls Said 15

• I would try to know their reasons. If it is for reasons like "he's not Indian, Hindu" or anything else, then I would date them. If they have reason like "he gives shady vibe" "he doesn't seem so serious about the future" or something like that, I would think a bit. Parents are more experienced when it comes to people. They have these instincts which immediately tell them something is off. Especially my Mom is pretty good at gauging people.
    I would try to verify on their doubts. If they are in fact true and harmful in long run, then I would not date him.

• Depends... if it was based on race, social standing or income I'd completely ignore my parents opinion. If it was based on a personality trait or flaw, an action they saw my partner doing or something my parent had heard then I'd take their opinion into consideration

• My parents hate my partner, he hates them too, I'm still able to keep up a relationship with all of them :P

• As long as I love the person I know my parents wouldn't be against him ever cause they respect me at this point at least
    So I don't really know what i would do if they were against him

• Yeah, totally. I mean if I like the person then I don't see why what someone else, (even parents,) thinks, it's my life after all.

• Yes I would, my parents didn't approve of my boyfriend at first, but after seeing how much in love I was being with him, and actually having a real conversation with him, they started to like him.

• Yeah. Fuck them. Unless there's an actual good reason.

• Yup. It's not their relationship it's mine. If they wanted a say in who I date they shouldn't have been such shitty parents.

• 100% I would. I love my mom, but it's my life, not hers.

• It depends on the situation.

• Yes, because I'm a stubborn little bitch.

my parents wouldn't approve of anybody anyway though so...

• I've dated guys who's families didn't like me. I didn't really care

• yea if I let them play my life out I wasn't doing what I wanted and later in life I will regret it

• My life my rules. So yeah I'd keep dating the person

• No, probably not.

What Guys Said 8

• Definitely. If I like someone, I'll date them. I haven't let my parents dictate my life choices for a while now and I've been happier for it.

• Forget your parents if it's about race! Or any reason, really.
    You're an adult. It's your life, and your choice in it. They only right they is to share concerns.

• Been there, done that. :D

• Many times our parents can see for us what we don't see coming thousands of miles away. Before doing anything think about it and give it second thought. Ask them why and try to make them understand your love for white girls

• nope i won't. because my parents always wants me to be happy, so i trust them

• I would, I dont care what people thinks even if they are my family. I have my own way.

• I date who i want. I don't care what my parents want

• fuck ya without thinking.