My boyfriend does not like my Instagram pictures but he has time to like other girls pictures!!! How? What? Why?

I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 26, we have been dating for 5months and been in a relationship for 2 and a half months.

So basically we follow each other, I upload normal pictures but he doesn't like them. Sometimes I think he doesn't see them but he likes other girls pictures so I'm really confused.

I can't confront him about this, but this makes me feel insecure. HELP ME

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't want you to know that he is looking through your Instagram. But believe me he is looking at pics you upload. I would feel a bit annoyed with a guy im in a relationship with liking other female pictures. That shows me that he may be keeping his options open or one of the type that enjoy talking to different females. Either way I wouldn't want to stressed and worried about it. So I dont guys like that

• I think he is, he watches my instagram story. The other day I was at a social event and I uploaded on my story and he saw it but when I saw him in person later he didn't know what I wore to the event. When I know he knows

What Guys Said 9

• To be perfectly honest, I think this is a "you" problem. I get the same way when a girl I'm seeing likes another guys photo (s) but doesn't like mine. The reason we get like this is mainly due to our own insecurities. I don't think your boyfriend is actively doing this to mess with your head and I don't know him well enough to say "he's keeping his options open". I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and just assume he's a dumb guy who doesn't know some of the little things he does, or doesn't do, bother you. The process that goes on in my head is, I like affirmation from them that I posted a photo. When They don't like it yet like someone else's I take it as a "they like them better than me" when its not that at all.
    My advice, try to tell yourself it means nothing and that it's just insecurities. If it continues to bother you, bring it up jokingly or nonchalantly.

• One of the best replies. You made its things so much more simpler to understand. I think this is more about my insecurities

• he's liking pictures on a website. Id chill out.

• This is how social media creates trust issues. Get off Instagram! Is he loyal to you in real life? If yes, chill out. If no, dump him and get a new boyfriend.

• Maybe your pictures just aren't very good.
    Simple as that.

• He's already able to see you naked so any pics you post aren't as good. He probably wants to see those other girls naked too that's normal. Doesn't mean he will cheat on you.

• it's just instagram, it's not like he's cheating on you.

• what's your instagram

• It seems he's interested in other girls like many other guys are or perhaps he's playing with ur mind making u jealous. Way to find out he likes u is u make him jealous. If he gets jealous then he cares about u for real bt he doesn't he doesn't give a damn.

• How can I make him jealous without being mean?

• Just be genuinely friendly to a lotta other guys when he's around. Beleive me , it'll kill him from the inside if he cares about you.

What Girls Said 10

• Maybe he's afraid of liking your pictures and you knowing he's looking at your page? Some guys are like that but its usually when things are newer or when they've just got a crush but you two have been together for a few months. I know other people say not to worry about it , but personally, if my boyfriend had time to like other girls pictures but ignore mine , I'd wonder if he was still pursuing other females too. Does he post about you on social media or have any pictures of you on his Instagram?

• Why can't you confront him about it? Just ask, you don't have to get mean or anything :) It's ok to ask.

• Wait why can't you confront him

• Because he will know I've been looking at what his liked

• I don't know how to say that to him. It sounds like I'm begging

• absolutely not. hang out and go on instagram and be like "oh yeah this reminds me. I noticed that you don't like my picture on instagram. I was just wondering why. I'm not mad just curious/confused"

• Don't worry. Just ask him casually about it. If there aren't any major problems in your relationship right now, liking your Instagram pics shouldn't be that big of a deal. See why this is happening though, since it is a bit strange. Hope all goes well :)

• He is your boyfriend right? He's yours, why is a like on instagram important?

• I don't care about the like it's just if he can like other girls pictures I'm sure my pictures also come up on his feed but he consciously avoids liking my pictures

• I know you're not going to agree with me but, liking all your spouses pics is a little corny.
      The real issue is him liking other girls pics. That's what's hurting you and you're right to feel that way. You should have a convo with him about this.

• Get a new boyfriend.

• 😲 what an ass.. im srry but do the same like guy pics and not his..

• You should both just get rid of social media. If you're serious about each other, get rid of it. It's for the best.

• Tbh guys will be guys. I wouldn't worry too much. But you do seem insecure and very untrustworthy of him. That's the problem, not him liking the girls photos. If he's loyal and faithful what's the problem?

• you guys are both adults.
    you should talk it out like adults.