Do guys laugh and find amusing at a girl's need for a relationship?

Do you think she is desperate?

• yeah, these bitches are funny
  • No, I understand

229

Most Helpful Guy

• I can not consider it funny but it is unacceptable to me. I don't believe a relationship should be a need by any means. A willingness would be fine but a need is not something that i can vote for.

However, i am able to understand the various reasons behind the motivation that would make someone to feel a need of a relationship. In many cases a girl might feel lack of security and she might desire whether consciously or subconsciously to seek a relationship to reach that security with a certain man. On the other hand, a girl could be suffering from broken emotions and this need of another relationship probably after a rest from the previous failures would be for the repairing those broken pieces. Actually that need would come from a hope of another chance and a desire to feel better which as result it creates a constant need and like a craving for a relation. Another reason that i can mention is the certain ages that women go through. During certain ages women who are single might feel stressed and depressed as they might walk into a challenge with themselves with this sense that they are getting older and hitting menopause and as the time keeps moving forward the quality of fertility can be potentially decreased thus they feel in rush to get settled.
    The list can be continue for several and more reasons.

Although, there are some cases that the person is really desperate. It is not the case of "looking like a desperate" unfortunately some people are broken for a relationship. Self-insecurities cause them to seek approval from the surroundings regarding who they are and how successful they can be. They need a relationship in order to confirm themselves. In order to feel complete. To feel someone. And some other people seek for relationships instantly because they are in challenge with their ego. For example, they seek attention to get a financially strong boyfriend in order to earn a pride with that status among their peers and so on. These cases are the ones that i can not be tolerant. In my perspective in these cases, instead of a relationship, those individuals require a process of refreshing and improving their mindset and inner self.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not funny to laugh at anyone, for whatever reason, my momma raised me telling me that I shall never laugh at others no matter what...
    so NO i would not laugh and NO I would still not understand why a girl would be so in need for a relationship so I didn't really vote anything in this case <3

What Guys Said 28

• I don't find it amusing or funny. I find that to be wonderful that women still want to be with us guys. I think its not only OK, I really believe its natural and normal to feel this way. Its not desperation as much as it is just wanting to feel loved, needed, and someone to hold and be with. Its a human need to be loved. Its a human need to want to become deeply physically intimate with someone else but all too often now days, that sexual connection is devoid of a lovimg foundation. I hope women will continue to want to be with us men and I hope us men will work harder to be better deserving of the women who want to be in our lives.

• What guys probably find amusing is that women who say they want a relationship... never actually go after guys who want relationships 😂

• Two points to consider, here.

1)
      It's against normal social norms for boys to advertise this (= it's not what younger guys, especially, are "supposed to" want). Since it's what women ARE "supposed to" want, this comes across as desperate, dishonest, and/or sketchy unless it's VERY carefully presented.

2)
      It's not that easy to say that you're actively looking for a rl without making it seem like the partner is almost irrelevant, like an exchangeable part.
      I mean, this SHOULD put off people of BOTH sexes... but, weirdly, it doesn't always faze people.

What I REALLY don't undesrtand, is that lots of boys have fiancées of the "I've had a dream wedding since I was 9" type, and those boys are TOTALLY OK with having THEIR wedding **exactly** according to those plans.
      If I was the boy here, I'd just be like wut? Fuck that, bitch 😂 Time to plan a wedding that's about US, not about yr creepy third-grade weirdo self ahah. One of my girlfriends' husbands laid it down like that, and, she was

• visibly more in love with him from that point onward.

I mean, to help you understand this --
      Imagine if a woman just announces that she's looking for casual sex. Like, rlly, try to imagine it.

I mean, there ARE lots of women who'd be totally down for casual sex, pretty much at any random time, if a genuine wild attraction appears. (Just ilke there are lots of non-desperate boys who want relationships.)

I mean... even though there are tons and tons of women who would theoretically WANT casual sex (with the right boy/s), I doubt you have ever seen this happen. And if it DID -- outside a porn set -- it would put off lots of boys, too.

I mean, with a few of them (... ONLY a few) it might be the old trope about how they feel "emasculated" by not "taking the lead".

But, LOTS of boys would just think -- for good reason -- "Wow, this NEVER happens. What did my grandparents tell me about things that seem too good to be true? ... Ah, yeah, they ARE." And so they won't do it.

• Kind of. No one should 'need' a relationship. A relationship is something you stumble across, not search for. You should be happy by yourself before you can be happy with someone else.

• Yes, its pretty laughable. I can totally understand a girl's WANT for being in a relationship, but NEED? As in her life is somehow seriously impaired because she's not in a relationship is kinda pathetic. Have some self-sufficiency ladies. You're more than your relationship status.

• Companionship is a human quality that I believe the world as a whole believes is innate to men and women.

Having said this, the real question is companionship a sense of self-worth or self-doubt. Let me explain what I believe is healthy relationships is two people mutually happy before being mutually exclusive to each other. The flip side of this coin, is someone measuring their happiness by being in a relationship, and being unhappy outside of a relationship. That is tantamount to co-dependency, and if someone feels compelled to entertain being in a relationship with someone like this, I would caution you to think long and hard about this. Being in a co-dependent relationship has a lot of drama associated with it, at some point or another.

I'm aware that some women feel more safe and secure in a relationship, and that goes without saying for some men, too. The measure of humor is more about whether she is interested in me because of me, or just interested in 'being married'.

• Not really. It may not be desirable to think someone is desperate for a relationship and it could make a guy who wants to be with you question if you're with him for him or for the sake of being in a relationship. However, I don't think anyone "needs" to be in a relationship. I think it's more a desire to feel wanted and cared for.

• Yes and no. I laugh at girls not knowing what they want, or not even purely understanding the concept of a relationship. I can relate to girls feeling lonely, needing companionship, needing sex or physical touch. But the concept of relationships inside girls minds, is this sort of idealized batshit crazy delusion, like somehow commitment will fulfill them somehow. Or they insist on needing this very specific fulfillment of a mans submission to an abstract and arbitrary obligation to them, as some kind of penance to their ego, yet they don't even think about WHAT man they'd want to be in a relationship, it could be anybody, insert man here. Then they constantly obsess about qualifying men for this arbitrary appointed position as their boyfriend, and do the exact opposite thing that will ever help them find love or satisfaction, or at the very least that physicality. They need to forget 100% of the things they think they know about men, love, or relationships, and shut the fuck up about what they think they want, and accept that they really have no clue. Because the thing these women are desperate for isn't a man--that would be understandable--the thing they're desperate for is a concept, and they're completely blind to and thus negligently abusive to men and thats fucking pathetic.

• it is funny till you grow up and actually need what it is your laughing about so enjoy it now while you can because when you get my age it isn't as funny.

• no i just think lots of girls assume that´s what they want, just cause society and media conditions them to think that this is what they should want, when really a friend with benefits of casual stuff would be way more logical for them in lots of situations.

• It's mostly circumstancial, like, if she's borderline pathetic, yes, it might be funny. I had two colleagues (one male, one female) who were caricatural at least. The girl was in love with the boy and he didn't like her at all. No real problem, she's fantastic in my opinion, but he had a girlfriend and wasn't interested in other women. The lenghts she'd go just to make him pay attention to her were really funny. That's it though.

• I find it sad that someone is totally dependent on others to make them happy. You have to depend on yourself to be happy first. In order to be happy with someone else.

• Aye. The notion that one would *need* another person to feel whole is ludicrous. A casual desire for a relationship is normal, though.

• well.. first of all I would laugh.. because I find it amusing.. but I would say it is open mindedness.. she is not desperate.. she just wants a guy.. would a girl think I am desperate if I do the same thing... what about you @asker

• Honestly yes, it's sort of funny how they are so focused on a relationship.

• yeah, these bitches are funny

• No, I'm a understanding guy and know a girls wants and needs for a relationship.

• No, why would I ever laugh or find that amusing?

• nope i dont. no man is an island anyways.
    whoever laughs at that is immature and a retard

• Maybe the player types. Many men want relationships themselves.

• Life it's beautiful, having a partner is even better, we all deserve and desire to be with someone its what complete us as humans.

• Women have wants both emotional and physical needs. I would understand as well as being a man.

• Nobody laughs

• lol no a girl might but for guys it's different

• guys who act like that should be bitch-slapped and then denied

• when they're really young, and think they're ready for a serious relationship, is when it makes me laugh, but, if you're 30 and still single, im gonna start wondering what's wrong with her

• It's funny because I'm fuckzoned by women... I wish women could see that I could make a good boyfriend! maybe...

• No, I don't think she's desperate at all. Women are more emotional than men usually. And men want/need it to. Women are just more emotional about it that's all.

• Nah, I can understand wanting an emotional/physical connection with a guy. That in itself isn't desperate, it's normal.

However I would be amused at the fact a girl would be upset about it, because although girls would have a hard time finding dates with the perfect guy, guys have trouble finding dates period.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly, yes it sounds desperate but this answer will be different for everyone.