Why do people date for fun?

Don't feelings get involved? If you just want sex why don't you get a fwbs?

620

Most Helpful Guy

• Your question isn't very clear.

friends with benefits is a non relationship that is purely about sex. Maybe you "chill" and maybe you don't. Most don't just so they can avoid growing feelings for eachother, since it's about sex.

Dating "for fun" is really just dating and seeing where it goes. Maybe it works out and you two last forever. Get married and have kids. Or maybe you don't and end up breaking up. There's not that expectation put on it in the beginning. This type of relationship might be exclusive or it might not be. Either way both people want to feel that connection, both physical/emotional and have that engagement with another person. If it's exclusive then they are more likely to head towards longterm relationship and marriage. If it's an open relationship, then it "might" head there eventually. But in either one it's just seeing how things play out.

Very few people nowadays date for the express purpose of marrying that person in the very beginning. That's called courting. Most relationships today are just seeing how things work out. When people say "for fun" it's because they don't have a goal in mind yet.

• Personally, I don't think anyone should immediately take themselves off the dating market just because they met someone a day ago. You still keep yourself open as you're getting to know them and getting to know someone doesn't happen in 2 weeks. It happens over the course of months, just like real solid love forms over the course of years. To me love isn't real unless those feelings reach past 2-3 years. During that first year it is a very shallow love that hasn't stood the test of time. You just "fell" in love and you can "fall" out of that love just as quickly.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not supposed to catch feelings with everyone you date. You date for fun & then if you find someone you connect with, that's when you start being serious.

What Guys Said 19

• I'd say my feelings get involved with whom ever I tend to go out with. 90% of woman in my view are attractive enough to get into something, and not sex I might add... And sex for me isn't everything, thankfully from my experience I've learned to look for more than just the bed. That's why friends with benefits are the same. You still have to have feelings in order to sleep with someone. Then it can get complicated if you have another person that doesn't care, and just about themselves... Not thanks. The single life has been better than trying, and trying, and not getting anything in return.

• For fun? No one dates "for fun"... same way you dont apply for a job or go for an interview "for fun"... it takes time, effort and money. Its an investment. when people date, its in hopes that it becomes something... and later on, time says its no good and you have to back out.
    Also... getting fwbs ain't no easy task... so even that can't be "for fun" its still an investment.

• Umm, some people do Date for fun. I think it's rather stupid. Some people are just lonely, but have no intention of marrying that person. In fact, case in point, a friend of mine dated a girl he didn't even think was that attractive but had fun with her. He goes out with girls all the time. Not because he intends on a future either. Totally dumb.

• @Katherine3110hun lol... thats why you gotta read a bit of the previous comments first before commenting again. Did that to some girl on a question and attacked her instead of the Asker of the question lol. She was only commenting, i just didn't read Who commented.

• Haha yah I do that a lot

• If you mean go out on dates with people, I don't think they're doing it for fun if there's effort involved. If you mean talking and saying "hey, we're dating now" then I think it's more of an "I'm not ready to settle down, I just wanna chill" kinda thing. It tends to happen when you're younger, not so much as you grow. After all, dating doesn't mean as much when you're younger.

• That is something a flakes does so they can just be innocent and giggly and have a SO without any of the realism involved and walk away or bounce from person to person.

• because those people are stupid

• I would date without involving sex just take a girl out and get nice meal and maybe catch a movie afterwards or maybe have a picnic date just something casual. Not all guys are looking for dating in hopes of getting sex least for me
    I don't look to get sex from a date.

• Because as a guy it's nearly impossible to find a girl that also just wants a friends with benefits. Most guys just want sex. Most girls want more than that. The world just sucks like that. Other than that some people date for fun, for a free meal, etc. Getting laid or finding a mate isn't the only reasons.

• People fear their feelings today, you can't get a participation trophy for being you in the real world

• Whats the point in dating when the girls who date are seeing multiple guys? It just seems like a waste of time and effort. Only way i would get involved with a girl is if its just friendship.

• Dating is also for finding friends with benefits, not only relationships.

• Dating isn't just sex, it's also going out and doing stuff with someone.

• I don't understand the question. There are many reasons why people date each other

• it's complicated. The matters of the heart are not so simple as the matters of the flesh.

• Casual no strings attached sex can be fun. Dating for fun is kinda like casual sex only

• That's what dating is for.

• simple, all they want is sex and the ability to say that they're having it

• Sex huh ok

• Because men wants no strings attached sex. It is the thrill of will you get the sex or not at the end.

• why do girls date for a free meal?

What Girls Said 5

• I go on dates to get to know people and have fun. Oh I also have a friends with benefits for that purpose. I go on dates with guys and have a friends with benefits.

• dating is something to be considered seriously... its not a game

• When I date I do not have sex

• Why exactly do you date then? To be miserable? It's suppose to be fun...

• they have no feelings