Had a great first date, texted me immediately after to talk, now nothing the following day?

sportsy
I've been chatting with this guy I met online for a little over a week and we have been hitting it off great. After a couple days, we exchanged numbers and it's been awesome. He has been super nice, flirty, says all the right things, he couldn't wait for our date. We met up and it was going great. We were chatting the entire time, asked each other more questions, busted on each other, and watched basketball games on tv at the restaurant together for over an hour after finishing dinner. He paid the bill, gave me a hug and wished me a safe drive back home, texted me right when he got home about the games we were watching. The next day... silence. I tried texting him once to ask about work and heard nothing.

I know it's probably way too soon to tell anything, but I'm a little nervous. We had been chatting up a storm constantly and now radio silence after our first date, which I feel like is kind of critical to know if it went well or not. I felt like everything went great and I don't think anyone would bother to text someone immediately after a date if they weren't interested. But does anyone have any input? Especially guys, would you bother to text a girl after a date and carry on a conversation if you just planned on ghosting her the next day?

He's been really nice and I'd be shocked if he did this, but I don't know. I was in a pretty long standing relationship for a while and now back on the dating market... so I feel like I don't know how to date or read anyone anymore lol. Any help would be appreciated.
+1 y
Day 3 after our date, still nothing. I tried reaching out once to ask if everything was ok, not a peep. I don't know why someone would go out of their way to carry on a conversation with me not 15 min after a date only to ghost me after. Either ghost me completely or tell me you weren't feeling it. Just be upfront and honest. God damn, I hate dating lol.
1
2