He likes my best friend. What's going on? there's this guy that I have recently gotten really close with. At the start I knew he was sort of into me?

Ashe always tried to kiss me on nights out and told people he thought I was very attractive. Recently we started spending a lot oftime together I mean almost every day. When we were with each other we would sing, dance, laugh and have really deep conversations and when we weren't with each other we'd be communicating somehow on social. This boy seriously went out of his way for me, he'd always drive me home, drive miles away to show me a beautiful view, surprise me with chocolate etc. When I developed feelings we kissed one night and cuddled in his bed. He told me I was the first girl to sleep in his bed it was JUST KISSING. So anyway, that same night my best friend slept with his best friend this was not just kissing. A few nights later my best friend got with another one of his best friends different boy same friend group and again, not just kissing. I should also mention that my friend finds my crush slightly annoying and at times can be very rude to him. So I thought all was going well with me and my crush. I was so excited when I went to his house and sat down with his family for dinner. Note that this is not the sort of boy that nonchalantly brings girls around for dinner. dinner went really well and on the drive home he asked if I wanted to know a secret. Excitedly I answered yes &HE LITERALLY TOLD ME THAT HE THINKS HE LIKES MY BEST FRIEND? My heart dropped into my stomach but I tried to play it off like I was cool about it. Me-"oh really when did this happen" Him- "oh I think I realized after she got with my friends" .. the next day he decides to tell my friend he likes her. She completely burned him because she has absolutely no interest. So now where does that leave me? The thing is I really don't wanna lose him as a friend. Also, do I have any hope of romance or is there zero chance? We get along so well and everything was perfect I don't understand why all of a sudden he changed his mind. I should probably also mention he's very fickle.
1
1