I'm awkward around my boyfriend's friends because I'm Asian and also very shy, what am I going to do?

my boyfriend and i have been dating for a few months. He's English and I'm Thai and we're living in Australia at the moment. i wasn't born or brought up here and I'm also a naturally shy person. anyway I'm not shy when I'm around just him, i think he can tell I'm a bit shy at first but i dont think he understands the extend of my social anxiety, especially around people from different backgrounds/cultures he and his friends are the fun outgoing types and when i met them the first time i was so shy and awkward that i was just quiet the whole night. I just didn't know what to say or what to do. i think i even embarrassed him. he didn't say anything about that night but now i'm so dreaded going out with his friends i think his friends are important to him and he would like to take his girlfriend and hang out together in a group what should i do to overcome this? im so desperate that i'm considering taking drugs like MDMA because i heard it helps thank you
1
3