When is it ok to make a move on a man who recently got out of a relationship?

Anonymous
I'm lost and looking for direction. There's a man that I really, really like. He's just now getting out of a very serious relationship and I'm doing all I can do to help him through it. By that, I mean simply being there if he needs me (he hasn't taken me up on the offer yet) and listening if he needs to talk (hasn't talked to me yet). I know men aren't like women in terms of "talking" so I'm fine with him not opening up to me.

My issue is that I really like him. I really want show him that I like him, but I really don't think he's ready for a relationship just yet and I certainly don't want to be a rebound fling. The timing right now just isn't good.

So, what do I do? Just continue being his friend and offer support however I can? How do I know when the timing is right to tell him how I feel about him? Part of me worries that if I don't say something he's either a) going to start dating someone else... b) not even realize that I have feelings for him... c) friend zone me if he does end up using me as a friend / shoulder to "cry on".

PS. We are friends, never gone any further than friendship. I'm over the moon about him, but I really don't know how he feels for me.
6
1