Do shy girls get nervous and act distant the more they like you?

Anonymous
So, girl I work with and see on a daily basis likes me, and things have been slowly escalating between us over the last couple of weeks, to the point where last Thursday, she was giving me the "kiss me" face while we were standing outside after work (strong eye contact, looking at my lips, generally smitten look on her face, etc). Obviously I didn't given the situation, but you could definitely feel it

Then we got to this week, and suddenly on Monday and Tuesday she was giving me a bit of a cold shoulder. She was blatantly looking/staring at me from a distance a few times, but if I got any closer or even tried to say something to her she wouldn't really acknowledge me. Today was a little better, actually exchanged a couple of sentences here and there, and she was still doing her "stare from a distance" thing

I know she's pretty inexperienced when it comes to dating (only had a couple of boyfriends) and has her insecurities as well. She was also pretty shy when I first met her. Is this normal behavior?
2
0