If a guy doesn't follow up with a date, is he just not interested?

Horizons14
This guy and I went out last Saturday. We hit it off, we hugged eachother at the end because it was too crowded, and a few hours later he texted me to tell me he enjoyed hanging out with me. I told him i enjoyed myself as well and that we should get together soon. It's been four days after the date, but final exams just started and hadn't heard from him so I texted him to see how he was doing. He seemed happy to be texting me, he used a lot of exclamation points and emojis. He was studying in the library and when I asked him if I should talk to him another time to let him study he said no that I was totally fine so I guess that's a good sign? Then after I said for him to let me know if he ever wants to take a break from studying or when he finishes finals so we can hang out. He said "Ya for sure! Thanks Melanie!" But he didn't say when he would be free. He used my name which might also be a good sign.

I have no idea because it's finals period and maybe he's just too stressed but also, my friends like to say if a guy really likes you he'll find a way. I don't know how to feel. What do you think? Am I overthinking? Is he only interested in being friends? Is he slowly ghosting me?
1
1