Guys would you tell a girl you're interested in her when you know you're not? and also know she's interested in you? Girls I'd love you're input too?

Anonymous
So, basically I've been texting this boy for about 2 months now & it's been going great it started off wonderful & the conversations but now him texting me first & replying back fast has died down quite a bit. He's apologized for it & he has told me it's because of finals week & catching up on school work, but I have the same load going on & can text him or intitiate a conversation 🤷🏽‍♀️ we live close by both drive BUT we are both just away at school so no we have not been out together but pictures, facetime, text & calls we do or did quite a lot we started chatting middle of March we'll both be home in a week.

Anyways well I've asked him multiple times if he's losing intrest in me for examples: I've asked him if he's lost interest & someone else is taking his attention from me & he'd always say no baby not at all or yes I'm still interested I want to see where things go" those type of responses. He has his "read" receipts on & like one time I texted him on a Saturday & he didn't respond or open it til that Monday night.. I noticed it when he texted me, curious about what i did that weekend because he didn't hear from me lol the irony right? Just yesterday he told me he couldn't wait to see me and asked what I was doing I replied back no response & he hasn't even read the text LOL

Basically I want to know Guys would you lead a girl on you obviously know is into you & why? and ladies what do you think? what would you do in this little confusing situation? should I back off and kill texting him first just fall back from him to see if he'll get into contact with me? maybe I'm just thinking it over too much letting insecurities get in the way? I just want some advice thanks =) we're both 22!
4
2