How exactly do you ask a girl to be your girlfriend after you've gone on dates to the movies, do you say," do you want to be my girlfriend"?

I honestly don't know how to go about this, especially in today's world of hooks up and a lot of miscommunication with people dating multiple partners or not mentioning being exclusive how do you bring this all up? I'm 24 years old and never had a girlfriend and I have no experience with this, the only date I had was in high school which my mom set me up with this friend of hers daughter, it didn't go well and the girl pretty much laughed at me and told me you have never had a girlfriend before have you and I said no because it was obvious, obviously it didn't work out and she didn't like my inexperience and in college I found a hard time finding a girlfriend because most people seemed into hook ups, now I graduated and I still don't know how you ask out a girl or ask her to be official, I'm pretty much still haven't even gotten past the grade school holding hands etc crap, can anyone help me?
2
0