How do you approach a girl at a comic/anime convention?

metroid64
I been going to comic/anime conventions for over 7 years now and me and my friends always have a great time and even cosplay as our favorite characters. Year after year there are so many beautiful girls there that share the same interests as I do and I've always been too shy to approach any of them. I've never had a girlfriend before since I always been really shy to ask a girl out or make a move or anything. I'm in my late 20s and I graduated college a few years ago and landed an awesome job but it takes so much of my time. I work nights 3-11pm shift and work every weekend as well so it's very hard to meet new people unless it's my days off which are few and far between.

Now that I'm older I realize that I got to where I am today because I took the initiative to finish my tough major and actively search for a great job that pays me very well but ignorantly thought the girl of my dreams would just show up along my journey. But now I realize in order to find an amazing girl I need to take the initiative and what better place then a convention where I can meet a girl with the same interests as I do. Another convention is coming up and this time I want to actually be brave and approach a girl and talk to her to get to know her more.

How do you approach a girl at a comic/anime convention? I don't know what I should say or what to talk about. And is getting her phone number ok?
1
2