Does a guy ever stop missing his ex?

A guy that has liked me and vice versa for three years and I had a thing last year for a couple months. He was fresh out of a relationship and obviously still into her. I could tell he liked me a lot too but towards the end I could tell he was pushing me away but would still pursue me. It was the most confusing thing a guy has ever done to me... he was acting one way and telling me one thing and then would ditch me and tell me he always would talk himself out of it (towards the end of our "thing"). He ended up telling me to move on and started being a huge dick and it didn't make sense to me. I gave up and his friends still add me and when I see them all out his friends approach me, he passes by my class every day and is always one of the first to view my snap story. There's so many scenarios where he somehow pops into my life or places I'm at and it's hard to get over him. I really get the feeling he misses me but I remember him telling me when we first talked he never initiates anything with any girl. Anyway, today I was talking to a guy when he walked past my class and he did see. I've been working out and we see each other at the gym and I've been posting snapstories of me doing fun outgoing things, and I truly do feel happy again. I can't help but wonder if he still cares. Is it still possible that after a couple months he still cares/might message me?
Does a guy ever stop missing his ex?
Add Opinion