Why would a guy want to go to a bridal shower... when he is not the groom? Why was he at the bridal shower?

This guy @ church went 2 a young couple's bridal shower. The only men there were the groom, the guy, & the bride's dad. I'd thought the guy had a crush on me. Complimented me a lot, said we could gaze in2 each other's eyes when we sang a duet, stared even when I wasn't looking, At times could look in my eyes.. other times couldn't. Gave him my number in a Christmas card. Told me he zoned out, looked embarrassed/couldn't look me in the eyes. Stared & blushed one night in Feb. when the preacher was preaching, asked if I was busy.. but didn't say why. I friended him on fb. Easter I caught him staring again. Sent him a message:I noticed you noticing me. U won't be rejected if that's what you're afraid of. The next time I saw him he rejected me... couldn't look me in the eyes when he did it. The next Wednesday night @ choir he was staring @ me & blushing. I glanced @ him but tried not 2 look @ him. Few weeks later.. he goes 2 the bridal shower. He was standing in line 4 cake but was a few people behind me. I was listening 2 the lady behind me & was facing the table, picked up a fork, napkin & when I looked up @ the older women behind me I could see him too. He was staring @ me, waved, said hi. I waved & said hi. He asked how I was. I froze. My mind was running so much. I said I'm...(paused- trying to think of what to say-I finally said) ok. I'd have thought he'd want 2 avoid me. He should have known I'd go 2 the shower.2 of her bridesmaids were there, another girl that's his friend..& me. That was it 4 young girls. I tried my best 2 stay away from him. He wasn't talking 2 the bridesmaids. Why would he want 2 hang around a bunch of women? Did I mention the guy was wearing my favorite color (pink-yes he knows it's my favorite). He wore the same shirt last week 2 church & wore it on Easter. I complimented him that day. I'd seen him wear it 2x on Wednesday nights 2 choir. Before that I'd never seen it. all of a sudden he's wearing more pink? Why was he at the bridal shower?
2
1