Months later guy friend reaches out after shutting me out, but why?

Anonymous
I have a guy friend that I really really like. I've liked him for over a year now. I haven't told him for 2 reasons; I'm very shy and reserved and he was already in a committed relationship.

Our friendship was going really well until one day, months ago, he completely shut me out. No contact verbally or through social media (we did chat online some - nothing at all too personal or flirty). It was like I was suddenly dead to him.

During our friendship I felt mutual respect between us. We were never inappropriate with each other. We never so much as touched hands let alone do anything sexual. However, I did have a feeling that he was also feeling something for me. Mutual friends also suspected the same. We had some eye locking moments and looks which seemed to have an extra something within them. There were other signs too. We always had fun around each other until that one day he just shut me out. Oh, I should mention that I never met his girlfriend and I really have no idea if she even knows I exist. We only saw each other in a "work like" environment.

Anyway, he's now single and months after he shut me out he reached out to me again and I'm trying to understand why.

Does he just want our friendship back or is he possibly looking for more? How do I know what his end game is? Why would he have shut me out in the first place? His relationship was a long one and very serious and although I still really like him I don't want to be a rebound.

Lastly, how should I proceed with this to show him I'm interested when/if he's ready for another relationship?
Months later guy friend reaches out after shutting me out, but why?
Add Opinion