I got needy & desperate, he got tired of me, will he ever want me back? He's still very attracted to me. Will he come back if I distance myself?

Anonymous
The problem is we don't have a lot in common. He was distant with me and didn't really prioritize me, and yes I admit I got clingy and he hated that. The sex was amazing and he's super attracted to me. We had amazing sex this weekend and I thought we were ok, however it was messing him up that our relationship was so sexual even though I always wanted us to be serious but he still couldn't give me a chance, despite claiming that he did try. I messed up, how do I get him to give me a real chance and date me seriously? I feel so lost. We had even talked about how I loved him and he agreed that he did see himself marrying me and wanted me to have his babies. But our disagreements and my emotional need for his attention, he was very nonchalant about many things, turned him off. I accepted his request to stop seeing each other but is there still hope? What can I do to get him to want me back? Thanks!
2
1