Do you ever get over this feeling of nervousness and helplessness?

Anonymous
Well I should say that I have had dates with girls that I wonder how the hell I got them in the first place. Everyone of them wonderful in their own right, but it didn't work out for me. On the other hand others in hindsight despite being very great in their own right, might have taken wrong turns in their life (it happens to all of us). The thing about me I am a very nervous, worrisome person, and very introverted/shy, and quiet and reserved (even around friends, despite being a little more out there). Even with the friends I have made in the last two years, it has taken that long for them to really get to know me and how "crazy/funny" I am. Then again there are things that I do that surprise them everyday, because I am normally shy and reserved, then again I have my times when I can be bold and out there (very few and far in between). Even my friends a lot of things I do seem very weird, based on just how I am and certain things that I was trained to do (my quirks). So when it comes to trying to get girls you can imagine for me it's quite difficult. Every time I get a girls number, I always say to myself don't mess this one up, because in the end I want to get a wife. Don't get me wrong, there I times I just want to hit it and quit it (even though I have never done that since I am a virgin). As I am writing this, you can pretty much call it self-sabotage, because there are some deep dark secrets that I would not want someone to know. One of the things is that I wonder if the girl/person can look at me and will think that I am a fraud, or that in certain areas I don't measure up (yes pun intended), also that there isn't anything really special about me. That I am mediocre and there is someone that is better in every way (more charismatic, more confident, great body, and yes the other thing that guys worry about because I am barely average).
+1 y
Anyway, well I finally got this girls number that I have been meaning to get. All of the things I worry about have surface like anytime I do this, such as not wanting to mess up, or push too hard, but then I want her to know that I am interested. I want to show her a good time and for her to see me, and really be interested in me. Just don't know what to do, because like I said earlier I don't want to mess it up and be seen as a failure.
+1 y
Everytime I see a girl that I went out with, and it just seems like I couldn't measure up and then I see the guy who she thought was better than me. I am looking for advice on how not to mess this one up, because I really would like for this one to work out.
1
2