How do I tell my new boyfriend I'm still friends with an old flame and we occasionally meet up for coffees?

Anonymous
Long story short. About a year ago I dated a guy for about 4 months. It had the potential to be something quite serious, but he got severe depression triggered by family issues and we amicably broke it off so he could focus on getting better.

Throughout the year before I met my new boyfriend, me and my former flame stayed on good terms. It became platonic. There's no feelings for each other on either side, and he's now one of my friends.

The thing is, I've started seeing this great guy for the past 3 months and it's definitely on the road to Long term.

I haven't met up with my old guy friend since we've been together but he want's to grab a coffee soon. In fact, he wants to hear all the gossip on my new boyfriend and he's happy for me as I've been through some shit last year.

Personally, I'd like to see him and see how he's doing, but I want to give my new boyfriend the choice first. I can see that it would make him uncomfortable, but he's got nothing to worry about as I don't hold any feelings towards my guy-friend. How should I approach this?
20
10