I call him by friend/buddy and he doesn't like it? Why?

evelyn26
We met at work 4 years ago. He's 22 and I'm 26. We started as f buddies (just sex) 2 years ago. Things changed to something else. One day he said you're my girlfriend, is that okay with you? I said yes. He didn't take me on dates even after becoming the girlfriend. Just continued the sex. Our first date was a 4 day trip to Vegas for his birthday. He says I love you a lot, worries about me and texts/calls a lot (while I never text or call him first.) Fast forward to April 2017, I found out he was fooling around by looking at texts on his phone. He was mad I went through his phone and said she was nothing (she has her own live in boyfriend.) He said he doesn't trust me and that I poisoned what we had. He also said he doesn't want labels but wants to move in together. We are in the process of looking at places & saving. He even said he wants to "wife" me. Last night he said I was his special girl.

He told me to call him whatever I want but he gets upset if I call him my buddy. Why does it bother him if I call him this or that? It shouldn't matter. Today I texted him "Good day mate!" He replied as in friend or lover? He's been texting good morning pumpkin, beautiful, baby, dear etc everyday
2
2