How am I gonna be able to hang out with guy this summer?

Anonymous
I'm 19 and I've been seeing this 23 year old grad student since November. This is the first time I've had a genuine guy friend in six years. He's genuine, smart, funny, attentive, and listens to me. We have been through some things, one being my mother. My mother isn't necessarily against him, but she doesn't "like" his career (criminal justice/ I'm nursing) and his big family. She wants me to marry a doctor and someone with a small family. At first, the guy wanted to be in a relationship in like December, but I told him I needed time so we have been talking since.
Now that I'm back home, I don't know how we're gonna hang out. When I was away at college, he would come see me once a week. When I was at college, he would drive one hour to see me. But now I'm at home, we're 20 mins away. I don't want anything to affect our relationship as we are now getting closer and I like him more.
Since this is the first time in a while, I don't know why my mom doesn't trust me. Like I haven't told her we have been hanging out for the past six months. They did meet each other in Feb. and he left a good impression. It's just the only thing that messed up things is my sister told my mom she saw a message from another girl on his phone (we already talked about it and moved past it). I don't know what to do.
1
1