Need advice on a girl over summer break?

Anonymous
After finals at school I was going to ask a girl from class out to lunch. But we finished the test at different times so I didn't have time to talk to her. I had to message her over a messaging app we used for school since I didn't actually have her phone number. To paraphrase the conversation I asked her if she wanted to go to lunch with me the following weekend. She said she was sorry she couldn't she was leaving the next day to a city about 12 hours away for the summer. But then she said we should next fall, and that she would have gone if she wasn't leaving. Then I told her that's awesome she gets to go there for her vacation, and that's no problem. I said next fall works I don't mind planning ahead lol. Then she said "yes for sure!! :) " Thats basically how the conversation went, we talked a little bit longer about random stuff. So I actually have two questions. 1. Do you think she really wants to go out in the fall, or is she just trying to be nice and not hurt my feelings? 2. Do you think I should text her this summer? If so how often? I don't want to be one of those guys that just gets on her nerves. Thanks for the help!
Need advice on a girl over summer break?
Add Opinion