How and when did you know when you were in love?

Punzie_
Additional question: what do you make of this.

I told an ex and friend of mine that I might be moving. His reaction is the boldest and most most emotional I've seen him. My mom thinks it's because he was busy playing hard to get and nonchalant but when he realized I'm not always going to be around, he got serious and realized what was happening. He got jealous once after he met an ex of mine, kind of making fun. He has always been wanting me to move to his town and work wit's him and chat on Snapchat and for me to get a phone number and Facebook or at least some form of communication between us, but I realize now that I've always turned it down.

It's like this has all been a game. When I was 14, I didn't like him until we became friends. But gen by that time, he didn't like me anymore. Then when I was 15, I liked and and never stopped. But he never understood what he felt. I have never stopped feeling how I do about him, and I told him 3 years ago I never would (a pathetic and emotional low). He's wishy washy and even now that I've wised up to actually know how he is, my feelings haven't changed. He charismatic yet a dork, and prideful yet so insecure. He maturing now and I know I certainly have within the last year. I've have been told a few years ago that I don't know what love is. That, at my age of 15 then, I just have a crush or am just in love with the idea of being in love, therefore think I'm
in love. I know I'm naïve and (with him) let my heart run free because it just feels so good to "fall into the abyss". But I am also smarter now than I was at 15. I feel embarrassed to make such a typical question on here with such juvenile (is that the right word?) question details. But at this point, in beyond caring about that and I just want some extra insight.

Thank you for reading this far. I really need some input on this. It's so confusing and I want to know what you gather from this. I know I kind of chcested by making a two part question. Thank you again.
1
1